Topic: Waiting for Biospy & bitting nails

Forum: Waiting for Test Results — We know, waiting is VERY difficult but we're here for you.

Posted on: Jun 24, 2007 06:03PM

Posted on: Jun 24, 2007 06:03PM

lady4law wrote:

I discovered a large growth in late May, I had been having a lot of pain for about 6-8 weeks, but was told that if there's no growth, don't worry , it's not BC. Finally late one Friday evening I felt a knife-like pian. I was frighten that it might be my heart so I went and laid down. Soon as I laid down I went to feel the area of the pain and discovered a large lump that was definately NOT there a few weeks before. It may have not been there a few days earlier.

This all happened on a Fri nite, so I had to wait until Mon to see my PCP. She immediately referred me for a mammo & Ultra (june 1) as she thought it may be IBC. When I saw my surgeon (June 11th) it had more than doubled. He removed it, along with overlaying skin last Friday. I am still very sore and of course fearfull of the outcome.

My PCP, the radiologist, and surgeon all "think" it looked like IBC. I am now waiting for the results. This could be the longest week ever for me, as the Dr said the results will be in sometimes between Mon -Fri.

I m waiting but may not have any nails left by the time the results are in.

Jean
TNBC, Chemo/TC (5), Surgeries, Lump, Mast/Rec, move PM 4 rads, infection(2),Exch, Re-do(2), tumor '09/B9, lesions: Thyroid, kidney, sinus, mastoid, "activity' spine/hip, mini/strokes, 12/10 Scan Spina Bifida (L1,2,3,4)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Jun 24, 2007 09:04PM misslu wrote:

The waiting and not knowing is the WORST time. I went through my bc scare in January. Luckily I got B9 results, but I was convinced it was going to be cancer. I also though IBC. I almost drove myself and anyone around me nuts. Keep thinking positive thoughts, keep yourself busy, and find someone you can talk to openly and honestly about your feelings. It was tough on my husband too, so I had to be careful how much I said around him. I found this board to be a life saver. Hang in there.
Shonda

Jun 25, 2007 09:12AM lady4law wrote:

I haven't been able to talk wiht my husband about this as he "appears" not to care much. However, everyone that knows us says he's keeping it inside and trying to keep up a good front for me. I wish I could just cry on his shoulders, I know I woudl feel better.

TNBC, Chemo/TC (5), Surgeries, Lump, Mast/Rec, move PM 4 rads, infection(2),Exch, Re-do(2), tumor '09/B9, lesions: Thyroid, kidney, sinus, mastoid, "activity' spine/hip, mini/strokes, 12/10 Scan Spina Bifida (L1,2,3,4)

Jun 25, 2007 10:25PM tos wrote:

Hi Lady Jean, this is such a hard time, the waiting.
Your hubby may very well be frightened and keeping it inside.
Try to stay busy best you can, easy on those nails and let us know what you find out. Prayers everything is b9,

Jun 26, 2007 01:43AM ijl wrote:

Your husband appears to be similar to mine. Talking could sometimes be hard, but I can always cry on his shoulder and get a nice hug. So maybe you can just have a silent hug

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Scroll to top button