Topic: Not Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results? Start Here

Forum: Waiting for Test Results — We know, waiting is VERY difficult but we're here for you.

Posted on: Sep 1, 2011 10:46AM - edited Jun 18, 2022 12:02PM by moderators

Posted on: Sep 1, 2011 10:46AM - edited Jun 18, 2022 12:02PM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Often, the hardest part of screening and testing isn't undergoing the tests themselves, but WAITING for results to come back. If you're like most people, you will want your test results as soon as possible.

Read here for steps you can take to feel more in control of the process:

In addition, there is a thread on Abbreviations to help you follow discussions going on in the community.

And If you've been diagnosed with breast cancer and are waiting for test results about your diagnosis, connect with others in the Breastcancer.org Discussion Board forum Diagnosed and Waiting for Test Results.

We hope this helps!

--The Mods

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 7 of 29 (283 results)

Jul 11, 2014 05:30AM salsal39 wrote:

Hi guys

I'm in the UK and have just come back from my GP.  About 5 weeks ago I found a small pea size lump in my right breast.  I've waited to see GP as I've not long had a rod put in my arm to help with my periods and thought I would be told it was connected (hormonal).  However over the last week I have had shooting pains and a dull ache from the lump into my nipple.  I went today to be told that it was a smooth lump so noting to be worried about and was dismissed.  Something doesn't feel right with this, I've had other lumps before and been referred to clinic for scans and biopsy.  I'm 39 with a complicated medical history not breast related and slightly concerned that this was dismissed so easily.  Can anyone shed any light or am I just over reacting ?? :(

Oct 13, 2014 08:54PM vrkroc60 wrote:

Found a pea like cyst below my areola.  It feels hard and doesn't move.  Will be seeing my doctor this week.  Any suggestions or comments?  Anyone have the samething? 

Oct 13, 2014 09:06PM moderators wrote:

Hi vkroc60:

We're glad you've found our community, there's lot of support and valuable information here! You might also try posting your question in this forum, there are a lot of members reading and posting there who've been where you are now, and can probably be of some help to you. Please let us know what you find out from the doctor. Our thoughts are with you!

The Mods

Oct 23, 2014 02:45PM - edited Oct 23, 2014 06:21PM by moderators

This Post was deleted by moderators.

Nov 7, 2014 05:54AM Kirkland3998 wrote:

thanks for posting "worrying is taking the strength out of today". I had a biopsy Tuesday to rule out IBC. It's difficult when I don't want to say anything to family members until I get a definitive answer.  Waiting is hell brut it's One Day at a Time.  Thanks for being here. 

Nov 7, 2014 06:39AM moderators wrote:

Thank YOU Kirkland! We're wishing for best results for you.

The Mods

Nov 20, 2014 02:03PM TallyLassie wrote:

I have been there, too. After a biopsy, I was told I had grade 3 invasive cancer, but they had to schedule a second MRI biopsy as well as type the first one (for ER/PR, HER2, etc.) to determine the plan of action. My head was spinning. The doctor performing the biopsy was going to be out of town for a week, and I was in limbo. I was considering canceling a planned road trip to visit a sister so I could move the biopsy up, but I really wanted my sister. The surgeon's nurse said something that might seem insensitive to some: "You're going to have a tough go of it. That cancer isn't going anywhere in another week. Enjoy yourself while you can." I took it to heart, went to see my sister, and then blew a bunch of money at Disney World. I had a fantastic time, didn't think too much about it, and now have some wonderful memories. Not everyone can go on a trip, but now that I'm in chemo, I'm so glad I chose not to fret and seized life for all I could. I have also learned that no one else cares as much about your cancer than you, so you have to be an advocate for yourself. Call and then call again until you get an answer.

Dx 10/9/2014, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Dx 10/30/2014, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 3, 0/5 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Targeted Therapy 11/9/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 11/9/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 11/9/2014 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 3/10/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 3/29/2015 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Jan 4, 2015 02:43AM frantabulous1 wrote:

I had a mammogram October 28th & received a certified letter less then two weeks later that said I needed to have other test done a ultra sound , MRI , & a spot mammogram because of a suspicious finding so I had those done on December 17th , I also received another certified letter on December 25th to let me know I need a biopsy I am scheduled to meet the oncology surgeon January 12th I have been so scared sometimes I cant sleep I have a million questions if it is cancerous I wish there was someone I could talk to I want to be well informed not blind sided just in case I try to look up as much info as I can about it but I also have personal questions that I cant ask web md all I know is I am tired of wondering what will happen next is this a tumor a cyst a non cancerous cell what is the difference ? my family has a history of breast & pancreatic cancer what if I have cancer who will help me pay for a reconstructive surgery if I need it ? my mother is 78 & not well she lives 5 hours from me what do I say to her if I have cancer do I even tell her at all I am her only daughter I have three brothers & I only told my oldest brother  what may be going on with me anyone have any suggestions ?

Jan 4, 2015 03:15AM Ariom wrote:

Whoah there frantabulous, try not to get too far ahead right now. The waiting for tests and results is a terrible time, everyone here would agree with you. I know it is hard, but you have to try to stay off Dr Google, it will just frighten you.

At this point in time, you don't have any information, other than needing to have a biopsy. The vast majority of biopsies return benign findings, with only about 20% having a positive finding. There is every chance that you have some benign breast issue, but the only way to get a definitive answer is to have the biopsy. Once that is done and the pathology comes back, you'll have the information you need to go forward.

There isn't a lot you can ask, right now, try to keep busy till you have your appointment, There isn't anything to tell your Mother yet, and possibly won't be, so don't get worked up over that. There is a wise poster here who says "Don't go there till you have to!"

I wish you all the very best, try to relax if you can, the one thing learned was that all the stress and worry won't change the outcome, but it may make you sick. Let us know how you're getting on.

Dx Mondors Disease (cording) after Umx and "Dog Ear" removed 14 months post UMx .................. The Dx shuffles you like a deck of cards and then deals you a new hand! Dx 11/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes Surgery 12/18/2012 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right

Jan 4, 2015 04:58AM moderators wrote:

Dear frantabulous1, welcome to BC.org. We're sorry that this worry brought you here, but glad you found us!

It's not easy to stay away from the worst, we all know... so we hope that you'll be reassured by the information at the main Breastcancer.org site called What Mammograms Show: Calcifications, Cysts, Fibroadenomas, reinforcing that there are many other benign masses that can come from testing.

Best wishes, and please keep everyone here updated on how it goes.

The Mods

Page 7 of 29 (283 results)

Scroll to top button