We are 223,501 members in 82 forums discussing 157,287 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: What does 4cm fn mean?

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Jul 26, 2016 05:11PM

Gordon1982 wrote:

Just had Mammogram and ultrasound. Can anyone tell me what 4cm fn means?

There was one area in right breast where she look lots of pics and changed to what I think was a blood flow screen. Spent a lot of time there. Then the left breast same thing and took measurements and said 2cm fn. Lots of pics and measements in both armpits too.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jul 27, 2016 04:53AM Gordon1982 wrote:

Yes there.a location...

Left breast 2 o'clock 2cm fn

Right breast something o'clock 4cm fn

Don't remember the exact location numbers. At first thought it was a 4cm mass and 2.cm mass. Then realized that would be quite large... on the screen the right breast thing she was measuring was the size of a nickle. The left one was a bit bigger than a pea.. smaller than a dime on the screen.

She spent alot of time measuring my lymph nodes too. Lots of pushing around.

Guess all I can do is wait and see what the Dr has to say. She said my doctor will have the results in 2.days...

Aug 5, 2016 08:20PM Armyfam5 wrote:

Good luck with everything...and yes, it does mean 4cm from(f) nipple(n)

Have a great day

Oct 8, 2019 11:38PM - edited Oct 9, 2019 12:33AM by thisiknow

Oops... sorry

Thanks for that.

It'd sure be nice if they'd simplify the Biopsy reports. It looks quite a mess. :)

Age 72 Dx 8/2019, DCIS/IDC, Both breasts, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery Lumpectomy: Left, Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)