We are 194,695 members in 81 forums discussing 143,965 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Waiting for Test Results → Topic: Waiting for biopsy results

Topic: Waiting for biopsy results

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Jun 19, 2017 12:59PM

Gdeann wrote:

I had an ultrasound guided biopsy last week. The results have been faxed today to my med center, but I have to wait til tomorrow to find out the results. It was my understanding I could pickup a copy of the report, but they're saying it's policy for the provider to tell a patient in person.

I'm actually seeing a new doctor tomorrow too. I've had the same one for 20+ years. After his retirement and the selling of the clinic, I've been through 3 doctors in the past year or so. They keep leaving!!

I appreciate all prayers and good vibes sent my way! Are there any questions I need to ask tomorrow if the results come out positive?

Thanks to this group, my lurking and your support have really helped over the past weeks.

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Jun 20, 2017 05:24AM dtad wrote:

Sending good vibes for benign results...good luck and keep us posted

Dx 3/20/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/10/2015, ILC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/21/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jun 20, 2017 08:10AM Tappermom383 wrote:

Gdeann, sending you good thoughts for b9 results. Do you have someone to go to the appointment with you tomorrow? It's hard to really hear everything the doctor tells you. I asked for and got permission to record the conversation so I could listen to it again at home. It's hard to listen and take notes at the same time so, if you have someone with you, ask that person to take notes for you.

If the results are b9 (and we hope they are), ask if you need to do any follow-up to check on the area. When? How often?

If the results are positive, the doctor should tell you the size of the mass and give you his/her recommendations on how to proceed - lumpectomy (partial mastectomy) or mastectomy. That's a decision - a big one - for you to make. There are threads on here addressing the pros and cons of each. My surgeon recommended a lumpectomy followed by radiation, which is what I'm doing. I had my surgery on March 31 and am more than halfway through my rads (20/33 treatments). It was the surgeon who referred me to my radiation and medical oncologists.

You've done yourself a big favor by finding this forum. The information is up to date and reliable; the women are wise are really helpful.

Please let us know what you find out tomorrow. Best of luck!

MJ

Diagnosed at 70 after four excisional biopsies over the course of 47 years. MammaPrint came back Low Risk. DexaScan: osteopenia. Dx 3/23/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 3/30/2017 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 5/21/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 7/16/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Jun 20, 2017 10:40AM Gdeann wrote:

Thank you so much for the response...I needed it! My nerves are kicking in. I meet at 1:00 today with the doctor. It helped seeing your response here before leaving home.

Jun 20, 2017 11:01AM Gdeann wrote:

Thank you so much for the response...I needed it! My nerves are kicking in. I meet at 1:00 today with the doctor. It helped seeing your response here before leaving home.

Jun 20, 2017 11:36AM Bonniebelle wrote:

Prayers for you! Please keep us posted.

Jun 20, 2017 02:18PM MTwoman wrote:

Gdeann, how did your appointment go?

Dx 12/10/2002, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/19/2002 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 12/23/2003 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (right): Saline implant Surgery Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery Mastectomy: Right

Jun 20, 2017 05:44PM Gdeann wrote:

Well, it looks like I'm joining the club. Right away she brought up the surgeon. I asked if I could meet with the Oncologist first. I have an appointment at our cancer center on Thursday. What a whirlwind of info etc, coming all at once. Thank you for the well wishes!

Jun 20, 2017 06:03PM MsLin wrote:

Gdeann - None of us ask to join the club, but this group of ladies is so incredibly supportive. I received one bit of advice from one of my mammography techs who was a survivor. It was the best bit I ever received. She said, "Read only what your brain can handle at a given time. When you start to feel overwhelmed stop reading."

I followed this advice when I was first diagnosed. It was just too much at times. Let yourself step back on occasion and regroup. It will be a lot to take in. And always make sure you have someone go with you to every appointment. You'll need the extra set of ears.

Best wishes. We can all do hard things.

"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda Dx 2/15/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/11/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 5/26/2017 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy Radiation Therapy

Jun 21, 2017 07:58AM MTwoman wrote:

I think MsLin gives you some good advice. We all need different amounts of information and different amounts of time to make decisions. And having a person (or permissible recording device) to take notes is helpful as they can be reviewed later. You'd be surprised at how much can be lost when you're brain is understandably overloaded.

Did your doc give you any more specific information?

Sending you warm wishes and gentle ((Hugs))

Dx 12/10/2002, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/19/2002 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Surgery 12/23/2003 Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction Surgery Reconstruction (right): Saline implant Surgery Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery Mastectomy: Right

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)