We are 208,744 members in 82 forums discussing 150,181 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Waiting for Test Results → Topic: BIRAD 5 waiting for biopsy

Topic: BIRAD 5 waiting for biopsy

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Jan 12, 2018 02:38PM

cxxx wrote:

I never thought this day would come, or at least not this earlier. I am 30, no kid.. have a good boyfriend who loves kid..

At the end of Dec 2017 I felt something, pea size, tiny one under right size nipple. I called immediately to arrange image test.

1/10 Ultrasound performed first based on my age and then diagnosis MAMMO

At that point I was so sure its definitely a cyst or a fib. but..

I was told that besides the lump I felt, there is another suspicious cluster calcification close to. Quoted "5*4*4 mm irregularly shaped hypoechoic solid mass ... Invasive carcinoma is the primary diagnostic consideration" "grouped microcalcifications ... considered suspicious especially in light of the highly suspicious palpable mass described above... DCIS as diagnostic possibility" "No worrisome axillary adenopathy"

BI-RADS 5 Dense -- Highly suggestive of malignancy

Biopsy will be performed on 1/22 I am still trying to get an earlier one.

I know now I only have 5% of chance to benign. I know its very low chance especially I have two suspicious areas. I still hope for it.

Even though its bad news, I suppose it would be stage 0 and 1 at this time. I am never a optimistic but I have to keep myself positive.

Boyfriend is super supportive and keeps on telling me we will get through this together. I still hope for a bright future with him, to have kids with him. Is this true that a breast cancer survivor is at high risk that BC may recur during pregnancy? I know its a little bit further at my current situation.. But I am super concerned about it.

Page 1 of 1 (27 results)

Posts 1 - 27 (27 total)

Jan 12, 2018 02:42PM HollyDollyD wrote:

Hugs. So sorry that you're joining are club.

Stay positive and lean on your support system.

Hugs,

Holly

“Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.” ― Maya Angelou

Jan 12, 2018 02:51PM - edited Jan 12, 2018 02:51PM by marie5890

That small would be Stage 1, yes. Not stage 0 which is what it would be if it was only DCIS. Whenever there is invasiveness, it is never Stage 0

Jan '11 Biopsy Dx-ed a PASH tumor (rare, but benign tumor)....All I ask is for peace and serenity to the depths of my soul. Makes the rest of life more live-able.

Jan 12, 2018 03:16PM - edited Jan 12, 2018 03:19PM by 33megpre

Hi there. I'm in very similar boat to you. I'm 33, no kids, otherwise super healthy. I had a cyst which they did ultrasound on, and this prompted a mammo right away, which found 2 groups of suspicious microcalcs, one looked linear pattern. Had my biopsies on Monday - 2 of them (stereotatic done with mammo). Procedure was uncomfortable but tolerable. Minimally sore now a few days later.

Waiting for results now - they said it would be a week. This is definitely the worst part! It's all feeling really surreal - bizzaro world. I just want to know what I'm dealing with at this point. Hoping we both get good results.

I have always been sure I don't want kids, so I'm lucky that fertility is not really a concern for me. Hopefully the other ladies and your doctors will be able to let you know about that.

Jan 12, 2018 03:17PM Luckynumber47 wrote:

Such rotten news! I looked up some things here on this forum about pregnancy and it seems that pregnancy after treatment does not increase your risks. Here's a link to many articles that might be helpful.

http://www.breastcancer.org/research-news/fertility-and-pregnancy

You might want to talk with a fertility counselor about preserving eggs for the future. This might be a good time to get that ball rolling since you have a bit of a wait for your biopsy. Also, think about having genetic testing, i.e. BRCA plus more. If that comes back positive they might recommend removing more female parts so that plays into the pregnancy question (mostly about how long you can put off that surgery to have your family

I know the biopsy seems a long way off but if you spend this time researching you will be well informed to make the choices best for you.

Sending hugs, Lucky.

My avatar is a Blue Footed Boobie. Cracked me up. Dx 2/15/2016, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 3/16/2016, DCIS, Right, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR- Surgery 4/5/2016 Mastectomy: Left, Right Hormonal Therapy 5/16/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Jan 12, 2018 03:27PM cxxx wrote:

thank you all for your kind replies. My mood is up and down. I know it’s not the end of the world. But it’s devastating...

Jan 12, 2018 03:30PM marie5890 wrote:

I disagree with lucky number on the "doing research". I would WAIT until you have full information about what is going on. What you will read will just scare you and it's outdated

Jan '11 Biopsy Dx-ed a PASH tumor (rare, but benign tumor)....All I ask is for peace and serenity to the depths of my soul. Makes the rest of life more live-able.

Jan 12, 2018 07:11PM cxxx wrote:

Thanks marie and LuckyNumber. I just had conversation with my bf and we both agree that I should start my surgery and treatment ASAP of course if I am that 95%, but at the same time we would like to preserve not only egg but also fertilized egg.

Bf’s mother went through this process two years ago, her treatment was surgery and half year hormone therapy. And she recovered perfectly. I understand everyone has different case and my age adds some difficulties to it, but still fingers crossed that mine is as hers.

So reading from the report, does it sound like a bad one?

Jan 12, 2018 07:25PM - edited Jan 12, 2018 07:25PM by marie5890

If you mean a more aggressive form, that can't be known from imaging. Only pathology can tell something like that. There are over 20+ different kinds of breast cancer and then there are subtypes.

Here is a a link to Understanding your diagnosis and all the factors that go into know what kind of breast cancer someone is exactly dealing with. The main pages of www.breastcancer.org is a great place to learn some of the terminology that will be coming your way if you do indeed have breast cancer of some type

Jan 12, 2018 07:55PM - edited Jan 13, 2018 01:15PM by Georgia1

Hi cxxx and sorry about your news. Your ultrasound report does sound like breast cancer, but please remember that 1) the size is very small and 2) nothing is certain until you have a biopsy. So please hang in there and stay optimistic.

In my case, I had two lumps close together, one 4 mm and one 7 mm. A simple lumpectomy and three weeks of radiation and I was basically done, although I am now taking a daily pill. So while there is still quite a bit of uncertainty for you, once you have the biopsy results you can put together a plan. I'm glad your boyfriend is being so supportive!

And 33megpre, fingers crossed for you.

Cancer touched my breast so I kicked its ass. Dx 9/3/2017, ILC/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/10/2017, LCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 10/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 12, 2018 09:59PM Kat1984 wrote:

Hi! I'm sorry to hear you are going through this, I remember how horrible it is! I just wanted to chime in as I finished treatment for stage 2 breast cancer (triple negative) in June 2016 when I was 31. I underwent fertility preservation prior to chemo, but it wasn't very successful. In August 2017 my surgeon gave me the go ahead to try for our first child, I fell pregnant quickly and am now 21 weeks. I was very afraid the treatment would impact my fertility but it didn't! My surgeon believes I have only a slightly high risk now than the general population. Best of luck to you and hoping for benign results x

Dx 9/23/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/4/2015 AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 2/17/2016 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right Surgery 12/5/2016 Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/15/2017 Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Jan 13, 2018 12:31PM cxxx wrote:

Thank you Geogia1 for sharing your experience. I will keep positive and hope for very little chance.

@Kat1984 thank you thank you! and also Congratulations! your input is so inspiring and Ialmost cried out when reading this.

Some update:

My obgyn ordered another ultrasound for both sides at another imaging facility. I supposed she wants a second opinion? Or she wants some more images before biopsy?

Jan 13, 2018 01:17PM Georgia1 wrote:

That's interesting. You'd have to ask her why: maybe a second opinion since it could be something other than breast cancer, or possibly the images aren't great? But even tho it's a drag I personally think the more info. the better before we make decisions. I'll be thinking of you.

Cancer touched my breast so I kicked its ass. Dx 9/3/2017, ILC/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/10/2017, LCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 10/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/27/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 13, 2018 03:59PM Mhuizar42 wrote:

I pray for good news so your biopsy results come back benign may God bless you all.

Jan 13, 2018 04:04PM cxxx wrote:

@Georgia1 Thanks for your reply.

The Image center directly called me and said your doctor requested another ultrasound for you the next business day . Maybe she thinks mine are "extremely dense" and sensitivity is low so that she ordered a whole breast ultrasound again? I honestly hope at least the new ultrasound could lower my rate to 4? give me some hope?

Anyone had this experience before?

See people posting B9 result I am so thrilled for them. How much I wish I could have a good news too....

Jan 13, 2018 04:05PM cxxx wrote:

@Mhuizar42 thank you thank you so much

Jan 14, 2018 08:58PM Rachel888 wrote:

Hi cxxx I just wanted to say that I am praying for a B9 result for you! Also I suppose every case is different but I have seem many uplifting stories about women conceiving after treatment.

Jan 16, 2018 01:51PM cxxx wrote:

Thanks Rachel888 thanks so much!! It really haunts me if I am able to have baby afterwards. Thank you!

Update:

The 2nd ultrasound was cancelled due to coordination error between imaging facility and my obgyn office. So I have to wait for biopsy next Monday. Stereotactic biopsy and ultrasound guided needle one.

I tried to read some positive threads that ppl who was assigned as BIRADS5 turn out benign. I keep on brainwashing myself, it would be my case too i would be my case too. Day and night I feel blessed that my boyfriend is here and so supportive. He said any result we will get through this together.

Thanks everyone for your kindly pray. Deeply thanks.

Jan 17, 2018 09:51AM Mhuizar42 wrote:

That's the way to always think positive praying for you I'm happy your blessed with such a supportive boyfriend 😊

Jan 23, 2018 12:19PM cxxx wrote:

Some update:

I did ultrasound biopsy on two areas of my right side. I bleed too much and marker disappeared due to overflow of blood... Probably because of my age and too many vessels that area. They had to poke me again. Now I have a bruised right breast LOL

I even wore a wrapping bandage, but it was toooooo tight that I can barely breathe. I almost faint on the way back home and then my bf had to pullover car to loose it for me. Feel so good to be able to breath again

They said the result would be called in within three days. So I am officially waiting for biopsy result. After two weeks mental tortures, I learned to accept any possible biopsy result. I told myself either good or bad, everything will be fine.

Thanks again for your blessing.

Jan 23, 2018 03:35PM cxxx wrote:

BENIGN!!! BIRADS 5 => BENIGN!

I just received phone call from doctor. Its benign, nothing cancer or pre cancer found. I need MRI further to evaluate distortion area and I may need to remove it later. But yes! It is benign!

Jan 23, 2018 04:47PM Silbar wrote:

That is fantastic news! Congrats!

Real courage is moving forward when the outcome is uncertain~~from my fortune cookie

Jan 23, 2018 05:22PM momto3sons wrote:

That's wonderful news!!!!

Carolyn, mom to 3 sons - ADH, intraductal papillomas 3/1/18 Surgery 2/22/2018 Lumpectomy: Right

Jan 23, 2018 06:21PM Roller40 wrote:

wohooooo that is so awesome

Jan 23, 2018 11:22PM - edited Jan 23, 2018 11:22PM by NotVeryBrave

Wow! Good news!

TCHP x 6 with pCR. One year of Herceptin. DTI pre-pec surgery. Quit Tamoxifen after 3 months. Dx 11/21/2016, DCIS/IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Targeted Therapy 12/18/2016 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 12/19/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 12/19/2016 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 5/9/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 9/9/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jan 23, 2018 11:31PM EPJULE wrote:

OMG! Thank God! I'm writing this in tears so excuse any typos! I am waiting on the results of my 3rd biopsy in 3 weeks because I was a BiRads 5 too and although the results for the first two were benign/negative the surgeon is adamant that there is cancer. I went in optimistic and am remaining cautiously optimistic but I'm scared/worried/upset! This gives me renewed hope/faith that this next biopsy will be good news too! I'm hoping to find out tomorrow from my GP but meet with the surgeon for the 3rd time on Thursday! I'm praying that the 3rd time is a charm and it will just be scar tissue from a biopsy in 1979 or a fibroid, since I've continually had those! Hugs to you!

Jan 30, 2018 09:59AM Mhuizar42 wrote:

Thank goodness everything is ok with you I was thinking of you and came back to see what where your results. Have a blessed day everyday. And lots of prayers to everyone going through this. May God bless and give you strength to endure hope and faith no matter what the outcome is.😊

Apr 1, 2018 06:54PM Toshia wrote:

Hi, just joined and wish to send love and light to you all. Just had my mam and ultrasound BIRAD 5. Going for biopsy tomorrow. Trying to stay positive!

Page 1 of 1 (27 results)