We are 211,214 members in 82 forums discussing 151,373 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Architectural distortion

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Sep 13, 2018 05:19PM

Brezzysmom wrote:

wondering how many out there had this as the first diagnosis? I had my very first mammogram one week ago. Yesterday, I had the 3D and an ultrasound. All of the studies I have read about distortion do not look promising. Biopsy scheduled for next week. I will admit I am terrified and could use some support. We aren't telling family so that we don't worry them, so I'm feeling alone in this.

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Sep 13, 2018 11:00PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Brezzysmom-

We want to welcome you to our community, and tell you how sorry we are you find yourself here and worried! We hope your biopsy goes well, and the results are favorable. Please keep us posted!

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 14, 2018 10:13AM JoE777 wrote:

Good news that you're proactive. Try to spend time doing the pleasurable things with friends and family. When I get stressed my house gets really clean with my favorite music rocking the rafters. Let us hear from you regularly. Hugs and Peace.HeartJ

Dx 2/2012, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, metastasized to bone, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/3/2012 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 2/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/lungs, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- Targeted Therapy Kisqali Hormonal Therapy Femara (letrozole) Chemotherapy Other Radiation Therapy External: Bone Hormonal Therapy Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Sep 14, 2018 07:21PM momto3sons wrote:

Hi there! When I had my mammogram back in December they noticed an area of architectural distortion. It didn't show on the u/s, so I had a follow-up MRI. That led to an MRI-guided biopsy, which found some atypical ductal hyperplasia and a radial scar. That was removed via an excisional biopsy, and luckily everything came back benign. I just have to be monitored closely, as this puts me in the high-risk category.

Carolyn, mom to 3 sons - ADH, intraductal papillomas 3/1/18 Surgery 2/21/2018 Lumpectomy: Right

Sep 14, 2018 07:46PM Brezzysmom wrote:

the distortion showed on all three of my tests. That, of course, just makes everything you read scarier. I'm hoping for benign results, or that we catch something early enough that treatment is effective.

Sep 19, 2018 04:17AM Brezzysmom wrote:

Biopsy day. Finally have the ultrasound report, but it is pretty vague, other than a bi-rad of 4. Fingers crossed we get good news in a few days.

Sep 19, 2018 11:31AM Lovemyfam1 wrote:

Hopeful for you

Sep 19, 2018 10:58PM Bhmomma wrote:

My mammogram showed architectural distortion, as did my US. BIRADs 4. I had both US guided biopsy and stereotactic biopsy. Result was ALH, and radial scar. Had excision which confirmed biopsy finding. Biopsy, along with family history places me in high risk category, so being followed closely at high risk program

ALH, radial scar Hormonal Therapy 11/20/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)