We are 214,047 members in 82 forums discussing 152,598 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Double biopsy

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Dec 6, 2018 10:20AM

Malice18 wrote:

Has anyone ever had a double biopsy in same breast? I have had one before in same breast and it was benign. But concerned about one area that is spiculated density. The other spot is near previous biopsy.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Dec 6, 2018 11:22AM Moderators wrote:

HI Malice, and welcome to Breastcancer.org,

We're so sorry you're here and worrying. While you wait for responses from others here, we are sending all our best thoughts for benign results once again!

Keep us posted with what you find out!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Dec 8, 2018 12:11PM wonderwoman101 wrote:

I just had two biopsies at the same time last week. They were on opposite sides. Both benign which I'm grateful for. One of them was near a mass I had a CNB on, then excised in Dec 2016. That was also benign but high risk. I know how hard it is to go through this. I'm only 39 and I wonder how many more times I'm going to have to go through this. Just know you aren't alone!

xo

Dx ADH, ALH, FEA, PASH after excisional biopsy on Dec 28, 2016

Dec 10, 2018 08:14PM Malice18 wrote:

Thank you! And I go the 19th. I appreciate your reply, and glad to hear that you are ok. God bless.

Dec 10, 2018 10:24PM MDRR wrote:

Malice18

waiting is definitely the hardest part! i had a double biopsy prior to my diagnosis last year. Actually I had several different types of biopsies over about a 6 week period. You just want the answers quickly and that sometimes is not the way it works. Once you get a diagnosis, regardless of what it is, I think you'll feel better because that allows you to move forward. I think it feels like you're stuck throughout the testing process! Try to focus on something else when you find yourself getting stuck with worry; easier said than done for sure! Please keep us posted on the results and know that this forum is full of people who have experienced whatever may come for you, and you'll get great support.

Dx 1/2018, DCIS/IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, 2/7 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery 2/22/2018 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 3/15/2018 Mastectomy: Left, Right Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)