We are 216,358 members in 81 forums discussing 153,644 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Biopsy - Irregular margins and irregular shape

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Feb 10, 2019 09:50AM

schnibbens wrote:

Hi all - I have a biopsy scheduled for Wednesday. I had a mammogram that found two spots - followed up with ultrasound - those two spots were just cysts. However, given that I'm high risk, radiologists recommended a breast MRI. Breast MRI found two spots and recommended a biopsy. One area I'm more worried about than the other one. It is 8 cm, irregular margins and irregular shape with plateu kinetics. Nothing about orientation. The report gave me a briads 4. I'm prepared for the worst but would like to hear some good stories or hope that this isn't cancer.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Feb 10, 2019 10:41AM schnibbens wrote:

Also, I'm 41 years old

Feb 10, 2019 06:23PM Georgia1 wrote:

Hi there. Sounds like your odds are good given the US and mammogram results, so hang into that. I bet your doctors are just being cautious and wish you the best of luck.

Cancer touched my breast so I kicked its ass. Dx 9/3/2017, ILC/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 10/10/2017, LCIS, Right, 0/1 nodes Surgery 10/10/2017 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/26/2017 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 10, 2019 07:21PM schnibbens wrote:

thank you for the good wishes. I'm beyond belief worried and cant eat or sleep.

Feb 11, 2019 08:46AM FLFishing49 wrote:

My ultrasound report had just about every bad adjective you could have so it was a given a birad 5. I was sure I had cancer and had mentally prepared for it. Results of my core biopsy came back intraductal papilloma, not cancer. Still had to have it removed but it was quite a relief to hear my doctor say "not cancer". Wishing you the best on Wednesday!!

Feb 15, 2019 12:16PM schnibbens wrote:

Thank you - it came back benign - even with irregular margins.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)