We are 221,170 members in 81 forums discussing 156,124 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Prophylactic bmx turns out not to be so prophylactic after all

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Jul 10, 2019 09:31PM

Accarpenter wrote:

SoI have been waiting for my consult for my prophylactic bmx. Today UAB calls for what I think is a conversation about schedule my surgical consult. Instead it appears they have reviewed my films from my local breast center and found what they feel is a malignant mass. I was prepared for the bmx- but not for this

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 11, 2019 08:30AM OnTarget wrote:

Hi Accarpenter!

I'm sorry that you may actually have cancer instead of what you expected. That sucks!

But I'm also glad that you were already working on it, so thank goodness for that!

Good luck with your BMX, we're rooting for you!

Diagnosed at 42, Oncotype score 16, ITC in one node- considered node negative Dx 4/8/2019, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/23/2019, ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2019 Zoladex (goserelin)

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)