We are 224,828 members in 82 forums discussing 157,962 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: New Dx...estradiol levels

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Oct 16, 2019 03:49PM

rlmessy wrote:

So, new dx...first team appt tomorrow. But I had a routine pap smear scheduled on Monday and kept the appt just to get it out of the way. Gynecologist did a FSH and Estrodiol test to check menapausal status as I have been going through menapause the last 3 years. Anyway, over the last 3 years FSH has steadily declined 40.4...37.2...29.1. Estradiol was declining too 21...12...but then this year it jumped to 44!!

Is that totally crazy, what would make it jump like that? Now I am concerned that I am not in menopause and/or possibly have something ovarian going too.

Having a huge UGG!! moment.

My DX appears below but I am also a caregiver to my awesome Mom, a 13 year (2006) BC Survivor, IIIa IDC, ER/PR+, HER2+, R MX, Lymphedema R Arm Dx 10/10/2019, LCIS/DCIS/IDC: Papillary, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 12/18/2019 Mastectomy: Left, Right

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Oct 16, 2019 05:01PM MelissaDallas wrote:

Estradiol can swing a lot during perimenopause. I’ve also read that levels can vary a lot from day to day, or even within a single day

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)