We are 224,835 members in 82 forums discussing 157,969 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Diagnosed triple pos with 1 node. What now

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Oct 23, 2019 03:13AM - edited Oct 23, 2019 05:32PM by Ilaina

Ilaina wrote:

hi. Texting for my mom. She was just diagnosed with triple positive cancer. She had one positive node. Went to oncologist and the only further tested he prescribed was a lung xray.

I had her2+ 10 yrs ago with no node involvement and they scanned my whole body before chemo.

Have things changed that much. ? I am looking to cange doctors after he stated that taxotere didn't cause pen hair loss. That was just a bunc of greedy people. Really!

We live in northern Delaware. If anyone knows a good oncologist please PM.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Oct 23, 2019 05:28AM Gonnabeatthis wrote:

I was diagnosed last October with triple positive and one node, I did not get any scans. My oncologist told me once I complete my Herceptin next February I will be scanned. I do have regular echocardiograms to monitor for any heart issues that may develop from the Herceptin, so far no changes. I also have regular blood work to monitor cancer markers. If anything odd appears more tests will be scheduled.

I had surgery, chemo and radiation finishing that in July and am now finishing up Herceptin which is a one year treatment. I’m now also on Anastrozole for up to 10 years. Good luck to your mom

Diagnosed, 11/2018, BMX w/reconstruction, 1/9/19, TCHP 6x beginning 2/19/19

Oct 23, 2019 06:14AM Jelson wrote:

Hello Ilana - so sorry about your mother's diagnosis. There is a very long triple positive thread whose contributors may be able to provide helpful insights and advice to you. https://community.breastcancer.org/forum/80/topics/764183?page=1269#post_5469762

Dx 4/17/2009, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)