We are 224,987 members in 82 forums discussing 158,057 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Has anyone ever passed out during mammography?

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Nov 5, 2019 12:31PM

Alea wrote:

I had a mammography today, and the radiologist wasn't very patient. Every time I had to hold my breath for an image, she wouldn't give me a chance to properly exhale before the next one. Plus I was nervous so of course my breathing was shallow.

I kept telling her I wasn't feeling well and needed a chance to recoup my breath but she didn't really listen and eventually I blacked out and collapsed.

I was only passed out for a few seconds, I woke up thirsty. I was okay after that. I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Nov 5, 2019 02:49PM RebzAmy wrote:

Yes, happened to me. This was during a mammogram stereotactic core biopsy. I kept saying i didn't feel good and next thing I was laying down and they got me a hot cut of sweet tea.

Diagnosed June 2007, IDC, Grade 3, 4-5cm lump, several lymph nodes involved, HER2+++, 4 months of high strength chemo, mastectomy and lymph node removal, radiotherapy & a year of herceptin and recently had preventative surgery to other breast.

Nov 5, 2019 04:53PM gb2115 wrote:

Sounds like the mammographer wasn't very good honestly. Mine kept asking me if I needed to take breaks but I am sure I had a very pained look on my face.

Dx IDC in October 2016, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Mammaprint low risk luminal A, Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Age 38 at diagnosis.

Nov 5, 2019 05:49PM Alea wrote:

RebezAmy: I am so sorry to hear that! It's a terrorizing feeling when you know you're about to pass out but can't stop it!

gb2115: I definitely looked pained too, heck I even screamed in pain at one point, I told her verbally multiple times that I was having a hard time breathing. Honestly at some point I thought she was a robot lol

I kinda feel bad for her.. Maybe they see so much, they become numb? Who knows!

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)