We are 225,772 members in 82 forums discussing 158,444 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Mammo Mislabeled

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Nov 15, 2019 12:52PM

Jamlyn4 wrote:

I had a mammogram almost 2 weeks ago. Report popped up on my patient portal that said it was mislabeled and I would need to come back in. When I called 2 different people indicated that notes were that radiologist needed a new view involving rolling. They couldn't tell from notes if mislabeled meant missing or something on scan labeled incorrectly.

Its all a little strange and while I would hope they label things right I totally understand errors happening in a busy office. And I wouldn't even be upset if that were the case. But now I'm sort of worried that they found something since they're indicating additional needs but they won't tell me anything by phone other than need to come back.

Any advice, similar experiences, comforting words?

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Nov 15, 2019 01:49PM MamaAvery wrote:

ugh! That would be so frustrating and confusing. So sorry you’re going through that. I hope you’re going soon so you get answers quickly.

Nov 15, 2019 04:42PM Moderators wrote:

Hi Jamlyn4, and welcome to Breastcancer.org,

We're so sorry to hear of this very frustrating situation! However, we're glad you've found our wonderful Community and a safe place to express your worries and frustration. We're sure others will be by shortly to weigh in with their thoughts and suggestions, but we wanted to take a moment to let you know we are here for you as you figure things out.

Please let us know what you find out. We're sending our best thoughts and good vibes your way!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Nov 15, 2019 04:46PM Jamlyn4 wrote:

Thank you for the welcome. This seems like a very good resource.

Nov 20, 2019 07:09PM Jamlyn4 wrote:

Went back for followup mammo yesterday. Ended up there was a suspicious area and I got the joy of multiple more views and compressions as well as an ultrasound. In the end radiologist saw several areas of collections of fluid filled cysts. He doesn't think they're anything immediately concerning but does want to followup with another ultrasound in 6 months to make sure nothing changes. So overall, good news for now.

Nov 20, 2019 07:10PM OnTarget wrote:

Yay for the good news!

Diagnosed at 42, Oncotype score 16, ITC in one node- considered node negative Dx 4/8/2019, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/23/2019, ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2019 Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 8/6/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/6/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)