We are 225,772 members in 82 forums discussing 158,444 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Waiting on biopsy results- going insane

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Nov 23, 2019 04:17PM

Carnrob wrote:

I’m new here, 46 years old. I had a baseline mammogram at age 36 for fibrocystic disease. At that time there was a small area of dense tissue in the upper outer quadrant of my L breast. Fast forward to 3 years ago, when a 8mm circumscribed mass was seen on my mammo in the same location. They called it a Fibroademona, but it was never biopsied until now. I have been called back every mammo for further testing for the past 3 years. My most recent mammo last week, the mass has doubled in size since last year, it’s irregular, lobular with angular margins. It’s 2cm now, and they are calling it suspicious. I had a core needle biopsy this past Wednesday and am waiting on the results.

Incidentally, earlier this year I had a superficial phlebitis in another area of this same breast that they have no idea why. It was diagnosed as Mondors disease and has since resolved.

I’m a wreck because my mom was diagnosed with IDC a month ago, and prior to this we had no family history. Waiting for these results these past few days have been torture, and now my poor mom is also worrying about me. Trying to think and stay positive but it’s so hard. I have 3 daughters, and if god forbid this is anything, the whole narrative for them changes as well. A lot to think about and I’m going a little crazy right now

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Nov 23, 2019 08:22PM OnTarget wrote:

Fingers crossed that it is benign! I totally understand the stress of waiting!

Diagnosed at 42, Oncotype score 16, ITC in one node- considered node negative Dx 4/8/2019, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/23/2019, ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 6/14/2019 Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 8/6/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/6/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Nov 23, 2019 10:05PM Bejeweled wrote:

Hoping you get good news and that it comes quickly! Waiting is so hard, but hopefully your wait is close to over.

Dx 8/27/2019, IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 10/28/2019 Lumpectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right) Chemotherapy 12/4/2019 AC + T (Taxol)

Nov 26, 2019 02:16PM Carnrob wrote:

Thank you. I got the call today that it’s benign, looks like a phyllodes tumor. The next steps are a conference with the surgeon, radiologist and pathologist on Monday. I’ll know more then. Anyone else w phyllodes

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)