Join Us

We are 216,859 members in 84 forums discussing 160,262 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Pagets disease

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Dec 3, 2019 01:46PM

tsinykin1234 wrote:

I am having a breast MRI because of right nipple pain for 6 months and the color of my nipple and aerolal is a bit darker than my left. I only had discharge- clear, small amount twice. My regular mammography showed inflammation in area. I am positive for the K-RAS mutation. We have family history of ovarian cancer(aunt) and another aunt with breast cancer, also other cancers as well. If my breast MRI is negative, should I still request a biopsy? I have read that Pagets has high survival rate if caught early but not so good if later, so I hope there is someone out there who have personal experience. I am not looking for diagnosis, just women to women advice on whether I should ask for biopsy?

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Dec 3, 2019 02:42PM Moderators wrote:

Hi tsinykin1234, and welcome to Breastcancer.org,

We're sorry you're here and worrying. You're sure to get some good advice and support here soon. Sending positive thoughts your way for good results!

--The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Dec 4, 2019 12:39AM MBPooch wrote:

tsinykin1234 - I never had nipple pain, more of a peeling and redness that my other nipple didn't have. It was also more erect than the other but never any discharge. I didn't have any overwhelming itchiness but many say that's also a primary symptom. I wouldn't worry too much about Pagets based on your symptoms. Please keep us updated after your MRI, sending positive vibes!

Dx 10/16/2017, DCIS/Paget's, Left, 1cm, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+ Surgery 11/29/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)