Join Us

We are 217,696 members in 84 forums discussing 160,687 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Atypical biopsy results and pregnant

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Jun 24, 2020 11:28PM

Bea89 wrote:

Hi 👋🏽

I’m 30 years old and currently 23 weeks pregnant with my second child. At a routine breast exam for my current pregnancy my doctor found a small lump and sent me for an ultrasound. They saw a small lump in each breast, and referred me for a fine needle biopsy of the larger lump. I got the results back yesterday and they are “atypical” so I now need a core biopsy of the larger lump.

Due to covid, my appointment getting the results back was over the phone and rather quick, and I don’t really remember anything she said. I picked up my referral today along with the results which say this as the findings:

“The specimen is moderately cellular. Debris, foam cells and cohesive epithelial cells in a bimodal pattern, some showing apocrine differentiation and fragments of adipose tissue are present. There are some atypical epithelial cells. The features are atypical and malignancy cannot be excluded.”

Can anyone help break this down for me or tell me what it might mean? I have my core biopsy next week to follow it up.

Thanks so much!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jul 18, 2020 06:32PM quinnie wrote:

bump.No one responded to you so I thought I woud Bump this thread. Hopefully everything is Ok.

Dx 11/30/2007, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/0 nodes, ER-/PR- Dx 2/26/2020, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 5/14/2020 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 5/25/2020 Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast

Jul 19, 2020 08:35AM Fitmomoftwo wrote:

Hi there, I’m new here too. Though I can’t break it down for you I just wanted to comment because I’m sure your concerned and nervous especially being pregnant. So I just wanted to send thoughts of positivity for you. Please let us know what your biopsy shows

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)