Join Us

We are 217,695 members in 84 forums discussing 160,686 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: MRI-what does it mean

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Jun 25, 2020 09:17AM

JustAsIAm wrote:

I was wondering what “There is multifocal moderate to marked multinodular lateral breast enhancement” means if anyone knows? This is from my mri. I’m still waiting to talk with my surgeon.

Thank you Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jun 25, 2020 11:37AM Beesie wrote:

Have you been diagnosed with breast cancer or is this a diagnostic MRI? If it's diagnostic, was there something seen on your mammogram or ultrasound that led to your having an MRI?

Is there a BIRADs rating on the MRI report?

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jun 25, 2020 01:24PM MinusTwo wrote:

JustAsIAm - I've looked at your other posts & if I'm reading correctly, you have not ever been diagnosed with breast cancer. Correct? . Usually it's a better idea to stick with one thread so people can follow along and give more intelligent answers.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Jun 26, 2020 05:16AM - edited Jun 26, 2020 05:20AM by JustAsIAm

Never diagnosed. Above is what the lady I talked to on the phone said. I don't have the report yet and they are scheduling me an appointment and a mammogram the same day. Should I post on the other thread that I have and delete this one?

my apologies

Jun 26, 2020 07:42AM Beesie wrote:

It would be helpful to have all the information about your situation together in one thread so that those of us who respond have a full understanding of what's been going on to date and can provide relevant responses. Even a Radiologist would want to assess your MRI in the context of what was seen in your mammogram and/or ultrasound - and I'm guessing that's why you are now being sent for a mammogram. And whether or not you've been diagnosed already may also be relevant to the interpretation.

Out of context, the one line you provided doesn't mean much because to my (admittedly very limited) understanding, both benign and malignant masses can show enhancement. So I don't think you can interpret anything from that single sentence.

How come you had the MRI before the mammogram? That's usually done only for those who are high risk and have 6 month alternating MRIs and mammograms. Is that your situation?

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jun 26, 2020 07:58AM JustAsIAm wrote:

yes I am high risk, I have had many biopsies and lumps removed. None have been malignant, I found 2 new lumps and they sent me for an MRI right away. This was my first MRI. That one line is all I got from the lady I spoke with she said she was new. I’m waiting for the report so I know all that is on it. I go in for genetic testing next week as well.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)