Join Us

We are 217,485 members in 84 forums discussing 160,589 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Susupicious vascular tumor found, watiting for core biopsy

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Jun 30, 2020 10:38AM

Hopeful111 wrote:

Hi there,

I'm new here and looking for some support.

My mom was diagnosed with metastatic BC when she was 45. It spread to her brain and her bones and she died shortly thereafter. Her sister and mother also had BC but they are still living. I am high risk because of my family history.

I had a diagnostic mammo and ultrasound a few days ago where they found a suspicious mass. Oval and circumscribed, but extremely vascular. I is 15 x 6 x 14mm with isoechoic internal echogenicity- and they have classified it as BIRADS 4. I have had two fibroadenomas in the past and they said this doesn't look like the others. I will be scheduling the biopsy today.

From what I understand, a mass with a good amount of vascularity isn't usually a good sign and has more potential for malignancy.

Just feeling really worried about everything...

Any advice or similar situations would be really helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jun 30, 2020 10:46AM MelissaDallas wrote:

You have had fibroadenomas in the past and they can be vascular as well, so try not to get ahead of yourself and go to worst-case. “Oval and circumscribed” are actually signs that it may very well be a benign mass. Birads-4 masses are overall 70% - 80% benign.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Jun 30, 2020 10:48AM Hopeful111 wrote:

That gives me some hope to hang on to, thank you so much.

Aug 5, 2020 02:27AM Ladyc2020 wrote:

I hope you got your results back and they were negative? 💕

Dx 8/6/2020, IDC, Left, 1cm, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 8/21/2020 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 9/18/2020 Lumpectomy: Left

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)