Join Us

We are 217,695 members in 84 forums discussing 160,686 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Location for best treatment

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Jul 27, 2020 05:12PM

RRH_1960Rotan wrote:

Im wondering if I should go to MD Anderson Houston I often here about , I need a needle biopsy and I don't know If I should just do it locally or go and have the testing done at MD Anderson because they will have to repeat the testing mammograms etc I am cash pay but am a member of a Christian Share

Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Log in to post a reply

Jul 27, 2020 09:34PM MinusTwo wrote:

RRH - You didn't give us much information to go on. How old are you? What testing has been done so far? What are the results so far? How far do you have to travel? Are you particularly at risk genetically? Etc. Etc. Below is a link for NCI hospitals. If you're not happy with whoever is available locally, I'd see about going to one of these.

I live in Houston, but I choose not to go to MDA. My BS had done a fellowship there and believed I had a "routine/every day" cancer. She said she would be the first one to recommend I move if something exotic or dangerous turned up. I was very happy with my local treatment that was NOT at MDA.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014
Log in to post a reply

Jul 27, 2020 10:49PM RRH_1960Rotan wrote:

I'm 59 and they had me return for a second mammogram last week I had one Monday returned Thursday now they want to do the needle biopsy no lumps just small Calcifications , I only have a first cousin that has had breast cancer twice , I had a lump removed at 21 that was fatty tumor , I take black kohash supplement and was told today not to take it for 2 weeks it could cause bleeding , scheduled for 2 weeks from today for the test , would just not want to choose the wrong place for treatment.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)