Join Us

We are 216,717 members in 84 forums discussing 160,161 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Oh brother - not again!! 😭

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Jul 31, 2020 05:30PM - edited Aug 1, 2020 07:30AM by Joyfull2b

Joyfull2b wrote:

This Post was deleted by Joyfull2b.

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)

Posts 1 - 12 (12 total)

Jul 31, 2020 09:30PM MelissaDallas wrote:

I wouldn’t assume it is the same place. The biopsy marker from last time would be remarked upon. What was your benign thing in January? Fibroadenoma?. After all the women who posted support for you in January you didn’t post your results when you received them

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Aug 1, 2020 02:24AM - edited Aug 1, 2020 02:25AM by Joyfull2b

I didn't post again after my benign result out of respect for others who were still struggling. I'll just wait & talk to my doctor so I don't offend anyone anymore

Aug 1, 2020 06:38AM MinusTwo wrote:

Joyful - it's always good to hear benign results so please do post. It's not offensive. It gives other people hope and allows us to celebrate with you. Regarding this new worry - dense lumpy breasts don't change. I hope any repeat tests will also be benign.

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Aug 1, 2020 07:11AM Beesie wrote:

Joyful, I'm one of the people who posted to you several times where you were last here, so let me explain. After putting in the time and effort to provide someone with information and support, it is very frustrating to never be told how the situation turns out - you get 95% of the story and then are left hanging. Personally, it makes me feel like I was used and I wasted my effort. It also makes me question why I devote so much time to this site. And certainly if that individual comes back again with a new concern, I'm not likely to offer support.

Those of us here who have breast cancer or are dealing with high risk conditions or are going through the diagnosis process are never going to be upset because someone gets good results and doesn't have to join this club - benign results are what we are hoping for, for everyone who comes here any concerns. So by not coming back to let us know the results, you have asked us for help in dealing with your worries and fears, but then you haven't shared your joy. We get only the bad and not the good.

As MinusTwo said, if the results are benign, we're thrilled and want to celebrate with you.

So to MelissaDallas's question, what was the finding in January? Benign, yes, but what was it? Since you are questioning whether this might be the same mass, it's impossible to fairly answer that question without knowing the details of the January results. If you want help and support, rather than get your back up at being questioned, give a little and make this a two way street.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Aug 1, 2020 09:04AM MelissaDallas wrote:

My personal feeling is that the posters who express the greatest (unjustified) anxiety and demand and receivethe large number of supportive posts that you did, don’t post their benign results because it doesn’t play into their attention-seeking narcissistic catastrophic theme. I mean, you iterated OVER AND OVER that you expected bad results, contrary to logic. I don’t even believe you were too embarrassed to post the results, much less that it was in deference for “our feelings (how insulting).” You just were not going to receive additional attention for what we pretty much told you all along, so you cut it off. I feel like you used everyomne here, but thats just me.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor.

Aug 1, 2020 09:06AM MelissaDallas wrote:

And she deleted her post, confirming my thoughts on her narcissitic behavior...

Aug 1, 2020 11:47AM Beesie wrote:

She deleted her post, right after reading mine? Wow. Because I asked for more information to be able to answer her question, and explained why as a courtesy it's appreciated when people tell us their results? Rather than say "I didn't know, sorry about that. Here's the results from last time." she instead leaves in a huff? She was so anxious last time and so many people took the time to post in her thread to try to reassure her and comfort her. It's a shame she doesn't appreciate that, yet still expected more support.

Scared

I hope she is more respectful of her doctors, but at least they are being paid whereas we are freely offering up our time and effort. Thankfully most people who post here appreciate the support.

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Aug 1, 2020 01:26PM edj3 wrote:

MelissaDallas and Beesie I know you aren't asking for this but let me assure you that I sure find your posts helpful and informative. So thank you both and please don't stop sharing your knowledge and wisdom.

Tried the tamoxifen, no thanks. Dx 4/9/2019, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 5/5/2019 Lumpectomy; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Dx 5/6/2019, LCIS, Left, <1cm, 0/1 nodes Radiation Therapy 6/2/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 9/22/2019 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Aug 1, 2020 02:54PM Beesie wrote:

edj3, thank you!

Aug 1, 2020 03:17PM MinusTwo wrote:

Yes, Melissa & Beesie - nothing is so comforting as your wisdom and patience in posting explanations and answering questions. Thanks!!! So I for one refuse to feel badly about my being just a little bit snarky when we're being used or taken for a ride. (even though my Mother would not approve)

2/15/11 BMX-DCIS 2SNB clear-TEs; 9/15/11-410gummies; 3/20/13 recurrance-5.5cm,mets to lymphs, Stage IIIB IDC ER/PRneg,HER2+; TCH/Perjeta/Neulasta x6; ALND 9/24/13 1/18 nodes 4.5cm; AC chemo 10/30/13 x3; herceptin again; Rads Feb2014

Aug 1, 2020 05:05PM - edited Aug 1, 2020 05:09PM by thecargirl

I always appreciate the time and effort you put in your answers……so knowledgeable . Please don't stop!!

Thank-you,

Susan

Lumpectomy 9/16

7mm pure mucinous, ER/PR 95%, Her-2 neg, stage 1, grade 1

Radiation, 2 years Arimidex

Aug 1, 2020 05:59PM MelissaDallas wrote:

edj3 and MinusTwo, thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)