Join Us

We are 218,145 members in 84 forums discussing 160,921 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Armpit soreness after core biopsy?

Forum: Waiting for Test Results —

For members not diagnosed with breast cancer, but waiting for test results:  Biopsy, mammogram, ultrasound, or other screening tests. Waiting is VERY difficult but remember...

"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength." -- Corrie Ten Boom

Posted on: Aug 17, 2020 03:59PM

Casey03 wrote:

Had core biopsy Friday for spiculated nodule (yeah I know, not a grand term to hear) and went to the zoo Saturday, then went hiking yesterday. I have armpit soreness on that side that is irritating because my mind wanders to “ohhhh great it’s in my lymph nodes” instead of “wow I did a lot this weekend and my boob/arm was contorted in terrible positions Friday for the biopsy.”

So, I guess my question is: how normal is armpit soreness after a stereotactic biopsy?

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Aug 17, 2020 04:51PM Beesie wrote:

The role of the lymph nodes is to catch infections and keep them from travelling further into the body. So having inflamed lymph nodes and a sore underarm after a biopsy happens quite a bit.

Smile

“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Aug 17, 2020 08:01PM Kate8 wrote:

You’re not alone! I also had a biopsy on Friday, was active over the weekend and had soreness in my armpit too! Hope that helps with your fear a smidge ... hoping you get benign results!!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)