Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting /anxious

Options
Stillofnight
Stillofnight Member Posts: 1
edited January 2022 in Waiting for Test Results

Hope I'm posting in right forum Long story short saw a lump on my thyroid then a few days later reached over to get something off the table an heard and felt rib crack (I've had xs surgeries on right breast in 2012 and whole breast radiation) Also had mamo which needs to b redone in 6mnths Just had thyroid biopsy done as Dr stated it was highly suspicious and of course x-rays to ribs Wich has now turned into scan next week I feel like I'm back on The Train again I guess I'm posting at my own reaction, thought I was calm about everything but I'm not Sheesh I had such a hard time with rads and still dealing with those adverse effects even after 9 years Sorry don't mean to carry on Anyways now waiting for results Thank you for your patience and shoulder Hugs

Comments

• barbojoy
    barbojoy Member Posts: 47
    Options

Stillofnight- I can only imagine what it must be like to fear reoccurrence while awaiting test results and future scans. I'm not sure if you used this forum in the past, but I was diagnosed a little over a month ago and I think you are in the right place to vent, share and gain support. No matter the outcome, the people here are awesome and have been totally supportive to me and I believe it will be the same for you. I hope you'll keep searching the topics / information (Like I have) and will find some peace while you wait. Best of luck to you!

• Ilikedogs
    Ilikedogs Member Posts: 19
    Options

Hi. I am so sorry you are dealing with all this. The stress is just overwhelming.Do they think it is breast cancer reoccurrence after 9 years that metastasized into your thyroid? Or a new thyroid cancer?

Because I believe thyroid cancers are treatable and curable even if it is malignant. Just putting it out there to hopefully make you feel a tiny bit better.

Please let us know what you find out.

Xoxo

• LivinLife
    LivinLife Member Posts: 301
    Options

Hi Stillofnight! Hearing your concern and exasperation.... Best with the testing. Hoping the best for you though I totally hear your worry about metastases. Please let us know once you hear something.....

• Esther01
    Esther01 Member Posts: 229
    Options

Stillofnight,

You are absolutely in the right place. I hope you will feel comfortable here to talk it out and share how you're doing and how you're feeling as you go through this. Please let us know how it goes with your scan and in the meantime, sending you a virtual {HUG} and praying you will get a good night of sleep tonight.

Blessings,

Esther

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,939
    Options

Stillofnight-

We're so sorry you find yourself here with these worries, we know what a scary thing this is to process. You're in the right place for support, we're here for you!

The Mods

• Cakencobbler1
    Cakencobbler1 Member Posts: 3
    Options

had my check-up with onc yesterday and pointed out a lump by my lumpectomy incision that’s been there for months, almost since surgery. I was diagnosed with Stage 1 BC in 2019 and had 20 rounds of radiation. On one of my first post op appts I showed the surgeon a small lump which she said was scar tissue. It’s continued to get bigger and now is kind of pinkisk color. Yesterday my Onc ordered a mammo and US and I’m freaking out. This thing is actually smaller this morning, even after all the poking around he did yesterday. Is this a common thing? Worried the cancer is back

• LivinLife
    LivinLife Member Posts: 301
    Options

I've seen such reports come back as various things on this site mostly- from scar tissue, fat necrosis, cyst, swollen lymph and yes, cancer.... It's obviously anxiety provoking going through this process to figure it out. Smaller than it was seems a positive sign though your scans and possible biopsy, if warranted, will tell more the tale. Sounds like you're still waiting on the mammo and US scheduling.... Hope you're able to get that done soon - as we say over and over again on this site the waiting is really difficult.... Sending support! Please let us know how the scans go and certainly once you get some results. Hoping others will chime in here....

• Cakencobbler1
    Cakencobbler1 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you I finally got an appt for Aug 30th. It will be a long a long couple weeks. Thinking back to the first time I showed the surgeon she looked at it with an ultra sound and said there was a small amount of fluid behind it that would eventually be absorbed. Maybe it just continued filling with fluid. I just remembered that and maybe that’s a good sign?

• ashlyn525
    ashlyn525 Member Posts: 13
    Options

how are you?

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,940
    Options

Ashlyn525, the OP hasn't posted anything since August. I think we can assume everything was benign and she never bothered to come back here to check in.

• Winkieles
    Winkieles Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hello, I am a 59 year old with a family history of BC (Mom diagnosed at 58 with first BC and had unilateral mastectomy and she just passed away at 89 with Metastatic BC in the remaining breast)). I’ve had 18 past surgical biopsies (all left breast), with many coming back as papillomas and 2 also having ADH so I’m hoping you can shed some light on these new biopsy results I received today.

Unspecified lump in the left breast,

lower outer quadrant.

Diagnosis:

A. Breast, Left, 5 o'clock, 8 CMFN,

Nodule, Core Biopsy:

- ATYPICAL DUCTAL HYPERPLASIA. See

comment

- No malignancy identified.

There is atypical ductal hyperplasia with apocrine features, focally bordering on ductal carcinoma in situ arising in a-background of papilloma. Appropriately controlled immunostains for CK5/6, p63, smooth muscle myosin are obtained, which highlight the myoepithelial cells at the periphery. ER is positive.

This case was reviewed in intradepartmental consultation

Gross Description:

A. Received is a formalin filled specimen container labeled with two patient identifiers and "LT breast 5:00, 8 cmfn".

The specimen consists of seven elongated pieces of yellow-tan fibroadipose tissue measuring from 2.8 cm to 0.7 cm. Also included in the specimen container are multiple small irregularly shaped fragments of adipose tissue measuring in aggregate 1.2 x 0.9 x 0.2 cm. Each piece is dotted with black ink. The grossly identifiable core biopsies are entirely submitted in cassettes 1 - 3. The remaining specimen is filtered through a fine mesh bag and entirely submitted in cassette 4.

Collection date & time: January 5, 2022 2:25 PM

Time placed in fixative: 2:30 PM

Placed in 10% formalin fixative? Yes

Time of grossing: January 6, 2022 9:34

AM (MA/mashe 01/06/22 09:35 AM)

Due to loss of elastic tension and tissue shrinkage in formalin, the clinical sizes may be larger than those reported here.