Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Can somebody explain this? I can't find answers anywhere!

reddia27
reddia27 Member Posts: 2
edited January 2022 in Waiting for Test Results

Hi, all!

I just had my biopsy 2 months ago and the result was ATYPICAL PAPILLARY LESION WITH FIBROADENOMA COMPONENT.

They advised me to have it tested for p63 and SMA. I'm still waiting patiently for the results but in the mean time, can somebody shed some light on my biopsy result? Is it benign? Is it something that I should be worried about?

Thanks!

Comments

• reddia27
    reddia27 Member Posts: 2

I'm really hoping to get answers. I feel really lost right now. I would appreciate it a lot if you can share anything that you know about this condition. Thank you ☹️

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,934

I hope you get an answer! Keep in mind that most people who post here have or had cancer, and aren't as familiar with benign condition terms. But there are some, just probably not active at this hour. And perhaps the mods will see your post and reply, or move it to the Benign Breast Conditions thread.

• parakeetsrule
    parakeetsrule Member Posts: 605

As Alice says, everyone here is familiar with terms related to cancer, but not so much benign conditions. The best thing to do is ask your doctor to explain. They should be able to answer all your questions.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690
  • nem126
    nem126 Member Posts: 37

Benign.