Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Waiting for biopsy again

Artemis15
Artemis15 Member Posts: 4
edited January 2022 in Waiting for Test Results

last year when I had my mammogram and double breast ultrasound (I have dense breasts, level C, the radiologist saw distortion in left breast. I then had mri which came back highly suspicious of dcis and then I had another mri for the biopsy—7samples we’re taken. The biopsy came back benign with fibrocystic changes.

This years mammogram showed that the area has gotten larger. The radiologist believes it could be a radial scar and recommended another biopsy. The pathology from last year did not contain the cellular characteristics of a radial scar and was non-prolifertive. So she wants to do another biopsy to see what is going on.

Last year was very difficult for me to get through all of the testing. I had to wait almost 1 month after the initial mri to get the mri biopsy. This year it’s the same thing—almost 1 month from abnormal imaging to biopsy which is scheduled for 2/1. I found this forum last year and found it very helpful. I’m trying not to do too much researching until I get the pathology. Last year I scared myself so much by reading everything I could before I had a diagnosis..

With my history of childhood trauma and anxiety disorder, I’m beside myself with fear. I have a therapist who I speak to several times a week. Nothing is helping this time.

Any comments are welcomed. Thank you❤️