Topic: I'm here again

Forum: Waiting for Test Results — We know, waiting is VERY difficult but we're here for you.

Posted on: Jan 18, 2022 09:09PM - edited Jan 22, 2022 09:07PM by zebra_co

Posted on: Jan 18, 2022 09:09PM - edited Jan 22, 2022 09:07PM by zebra_co

zebra_co wrote:

I had my annual mammogram yesterday. I saw the caller ID from my health care come through on my phone this morning and already knew I was getting called back.. they found architectural distortion with associated calcifications and need additional imaging and likely a biopsy. This would be my 4th breast biopsy. The prior 3 were for the right side. This is in the left side and I don't know why, but that freaks me out a bit. Two of the prior biopsies were benign and one was DCIS. For the DCIS which was five years ago, I had a lumpectomy and 6 weeks of daily radiation treatment. I am scheduled for the current imaging on 1/25. A year ago, they did the imaging and took me directly to biopsy. With my history, I expect the same thing on Tuesday. My husband will go with me this time. Last year he couldn't wait in the waiting room for me due to covid so I'm grateful that he can this time. I've had my moments today. I've talked to my sister and my daughter, and reached out to a number of girlfriends. My husband gave me a wonderful hug right after the call and assured me that he is here for me. All this support is wonderful and I am so blessed to have it. I still need the support from this group of amazing people who have actually experienced what I am going through. The waiting, the unknown, it is the hardest part.

Dx 6/2016, DCIS, Right, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 2 Surgery 7/7/2016 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy Whole breast

Page 1 of 3 (26 results)

Jan 19, 2022 01:59AM - edited Jan 19, 2022 01:59AM by jons_girl

zebra I'm here. Definitely understand the waiting. And getting the call. Keep yourself busy. That can help time pass at least. All the support you have is good too! Keep us posted! And I'm here anytime you want to chat!

Blessings

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

Jan 19, 2022 03:42PM zebra_co wrote:

Thank you so much for your support.

Dx 6/2016, DCIS, Right, 2cm, Stage 0, Grade 2 Surgery 7/7/2016 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy Whole breast

Jan 19, 2022 04:32PM wthiensuwan wrote:

I'm here with you as well Zebra. I will have to do my first biopsy on my lymph node tomorrow morning. I am freaking out.......and so scared for the result.

Jan 22, 2022 01:02AM - edited Jan 22, 2022 01:03AM by jons_girl

how'd your biopsy go wthienswan??

Hope all goes well for you zebra next Tuesday. Keep us posted

Breast cancer at age 49. Felt tumor. Wasn’t caught on mammo even after feeling tumor. Ultrasound caught my cancer. Dx 6/2017, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2017 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal

Jan 22, 2022 06:54AM Vandercat wrote:

I had bilateral biopsies just before New Years. They found one instance of DCIS in my right breast, but before proceeding to surgery, they want to do two more biopsies (in both breasts) on areas with calcifications. Unfortunately, between scheduling and Covid, it will be yet another week before that, plus a few days for path...

I am very tense and very angry.

Dx 1/4/2022, DCIS, Right, Stage 0, Grade 2 Surgery 2/1/2022 Lumpectomy: Right

Jan 22, 2022 01:48PM zebra_co wrote:

wthienswan, How did the biopsy go? Did they say when you would get results?

Jan 22, 2022 01:54PM zebra_co wrote:

Vandercat, Sorry to hear about the DCIS. You will get through this. There will be a lot of appointments, decisions, and of course the waiting. I am so sorry that you have to wait another week for the additional biopsies.

A therapist told me one time that anger is fear turned outward. Feel the anger, it's real! Talk about it and let the emotions out. Also think about the fear. Feel that too. You can come on this community any time and vent!

Please keep us posted on your biopsies, your treatment, and your mental wellbeing also.

Blessings, Debbie

Jan 22, 2022 02:24PM zebra_co wrote:

I'm having a freak out day. I try to stay calm and busy but it's just not working right now. My family and friends can only hear so much of this. Plus, I haven't even told most of my family because I don't want them to worry before I get results, as I know that it could be (hopefully be) nothing. So I am here venting. It's been 3 days since the call back phone call, but at times it feels like it has been 3 months.

It's cold here today 37 degrees but I think I will bundle up and take my dog for a walk in the park. Then I'll come home and have some hot tea.

Debbie

Jan 22, 2022 09:13PM zebra_co wrote:

I read my mammogram results again after reading some articles on this site. I have learned that architectural distortion with associated calcifications could mean IDC. I guess that's why I'm having the bad day today. Does anyone have any insight? Or can share their experience? I'm really in need of some support here. Thanks

Jan 23, 2022 07:30AM - edited Jan 23, 2022 07:53AM by jons_girl

sorry zebra I'm not getting notified with posts for some reason. Sorry I didn't respond yesterday. I'm not a expert regarding your mammo report. But sounds correct what your saying.

I had IDC. But caught mine very early. My tumor was already invasive at 4 mm! But I caught it so early it had not spread to lymph nodes. 0/2. So keep good thoughts. Even if this is IDC you may have caught it very early. That would be good.

Sending a hug to you!

Page 1 of 3 (26 results)

Scroll to top button