Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

22 Year DCIS Survivor -New Lump-Biopsy Tuesday

Options
Bluegirl27
Bluegirl27 Member Posts: 28
edited May 2022 in Waiting for Test Results

Hi! I was here over a year ago when I went for a biopsy due to something found on ultrasound. Luckily it turned out to be PASH. This year mammogram found focal assynetery and went back for diagnostic and ultrasound on same breast that I had my lumpectomy. I could feel the thickening prior to the ultrasound once I checked. I could tell on the ultrasound this lump looked bad and nothing like the benign case from last year.

My Diagnostic Mammogram and U/S reults:

REPORT EXAMINATION: Left Diagnostic Mammograms with Digital Breast Tomosynthesis EXAMDATE: 5/2/2022 11:14 AM TECHNIQUE: Left all views digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT). Images reviewed with CAD. Images were produced with direct digital imaging. INDICATION: Asymmetry in the medial portion of left subareolar region. Prior history of left breast carcinoma post lumpectomy COMPARISON: Prior screening mammogram dated 4/27/2022 _________________________ FINDINGS: The left breast is heterogeneously dense, which may obscure small masses. Previously described subcentimeter ovoid ill-defined nodule in the left subareolar region at 9:00 position adjacent to the prior lumpectomy site persist on spot compression views. A focused ultrasound examination of the left breast centered at 9:00 position subareolar region demonstrated an irregular hypoechoic mass with posterior acoustic shadowing measuring 0.8 x 0.3 x 0.5 cm corresponding to the mammographic findings

It was bi-rads 4 with no a,b, or c. The radiologist came in after and said if it is then it's early and let's just wait to see what the biopsy said but he said it didn't look good.

Trying to remain calm. Last week I just felt numb. I have already had radiation in that breast so that will not be offered again.

Comments

• cathy67
    cathy67 Member Posts: 411
    Options

bluegirl27,

I am at exactly same dreadful waiting. My ultrasound is almost same as yours, I did biopsy on May 4, and report will be ready next Friday, May 13.

You can see my these days's posts, lots of discussion with the ladies here.

My ultrasound said, irregular ill-defined, posterior ecoustic shadowing, 5x4x5mm hypoechic mass. Fingers crossed.

Mine is at least 6cm from last spot, and your is 20 years from last time, I think shall be another primary, but that is grey area.

Pray for benigh.

Cathy

• cathy67
    Options

Me too birads 4, no a b or c.

Yeah, and radiation question, I will discuss this with oncologist and see radiation oncologist if possible.

So tiny disease, needs mastectomy, I feel so bad.

Cathy

• Bluegirl27
    Options

Hi Cathy,

Oh wow! So sorry you are going through the same. I can't believe you have to wait so long for results! Where I am going I got all my results before my internal medicine doctor did because they upload right to the patient portal automatically. Hoping this will happen with my biopsy. My DCIS was at the 6:00 position and this one is at the 9:00 left breast. But I can feel thickness or lump at the 12:00 position so I will mention that too.

Praying for benign for both of us. I am an only parent to a teen with Down syndrome and I can't really afford to be off work for an extended amount of time.

Thanks,

Lisa

• cathy67
    Options

bluegirl27,

I just glimpsed your last year's post, so I know you are 56 years old now, and I am 55 years old, to be. Only one daughter, will graduate from high school next month.

You can message me if you want, our ultrasound is exactly the same.

Cathy

• Bluegirl27
    Options

Oh wow! Yes, going to be 57 next month! Ugh! I found my DCIS 22 years ago this month. My daughter is finishing 11th grade right now and I also have a son who is 34. I will definitely message you. I am at my sister's for the weekend so it may be a bit. But feel free to message me.

• cathy67
    Options

bluegirl27,

I read through you last year's post, yes, it is totally different, it is birads 3. My suspicious solid did not show up on mammogram, and my last ultrasound was 2 years 9 months ago, so don't know when this new mass started to grow up.

I only did one biopsy before this one, and it was positive, so I don't know if they sent patient quick news if it is negative. Like you, I've worried a lot that never happened.

• Bluegirl27
    Options

Going for my biopsy tomorrow at 11:00. Feeling mostly calm and just ready to seethe results and move forward with whatever it may be.

• cathy67
    Options

bluegirl27,

Yes, good to see you are calm.

• Bluegirl27
    Options

Well, here I go for round 2. Found out I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 2, ER 3+, Pr 3+, HER 2 neg, Ki67 is 20%, P63 negative, Ecad positive

Already got a call from surgeon and go next week. Guess I will be moving over to the other board.