Topic: Biopsy Scheduled for Monday

Forum: Waiting for Test Results — We know, waiting is VERY difficult but we're here for you.

Posted on: May 20, 2022 12:10AM

Posted on: May 20, 2022 12:10AM

speccomo wrote:

I hate that this is my first post here. But I have biopsies in both breasts (mammogram guided on the left, ultrasound guided on the right) scheduled for this coming Monday.

I knew the right wasn’t looking good - 1.2cm mass, with spiculation to 6cm. But they had trouble locating the mass on the left with the ultrasound. So they did a second mammogram immediately after the ultrasound, and the report today shows a 6mm “suspicious appearing asymmetric density.” They also noted BI-RADS 5 on the ultrasound.

I’m 60 years old, and had my first ever mammogram exactly 2 weeks ago (having no insurance for years will do that to you - thankfully I have good insurance now.) I know there’s nothing to do until the biopsies are done and the results come back, so my brain is working overtime on every conceivable scenario. Just trying to keep calm and focused. And so grateful for a community like this.

Hormonal Therapy Surgery 7/25/2022 Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Lymph node removal (Right); Mastectomy (Left): Simple; Mastectomy (Right): Simple

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

May 27, 2022 05:16AM rah2464 wrote:

Speccomo sorry to hear of an official diagnosis. The stress and pressure will lessen a bit once you have a targeted plan in place. Try your best to distract yourself over the holiday weekend so you can recharge a bit to tackle things next week. Easier said than done, I know.

Dx 5/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/27/2018 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 7/27/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Scroll to top button