Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dimple that led to biopsy

Options
mvr168
mvr168 Member Posts: 8
edited November 2022 in Waiting for Test Results

I had the smallest dimple barely noticeable so I went to the walk-in ( I have no gp). I ended up seeing a physicians assistant who i don't think had ever done a breast exam as it was not at all a thorough exam. I requested a mammogram and followed up after hearing nothing. Turns out the referral was sent to the wrong place! I finally got one a few weeks later. Mammogram results were normal but due to very dense tissue I was scheduled an ultrasound just to be thorough I was told. Another 5 weeks past and at the ultrasound they ended up doing 3 core biopsies. Needless to say I was shocked! I'm very worried as the biopsy was close to the indentation. Also as a side note my dog always always smells that area when I have held him for the last several months and that also encouraged me to pursue this; yes I realize that sounds crazy lol. I may have rescued him but he just may save me ❤️. So now the dreaded wait 😔.

Comments

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited June 2022
    Options

MVR I hope your sweet doggie's nose is wrong just this one time. It isn't crazy to connect with your pet in that way - for me it was my little black cat - well along with other symptoms.

So glad you have pursued proper imaging and been your own advocate in the follow up. Sending you all my best for a benign result.

• sarahmaude
    sarahmaude Member Posts: 336
    edited June 2022
    Options

Pets are so amazing for being able to point out differences! I hope what he noticed is benign. I am glad you got the testing you need to find out what’s going on with you!

• mvr168
    edited June 2022
    Options

Thank you for the kind words. The waiting is driving me crazy but I am trying to stay positive

• janewhite
    janewhite Member Posts: 49
    edited June 2022
    Options

First, I'm glad you got the appropriate tests. Second, remember that most biopsies are benign. It's also possible that there's something wrong that isn't cancer, like maybe a little spot of infection.

Do you know when you will find out the test results?

• mvr168
    edited June 2022
    Options

@janewhite I was told 10 days by the radiologist but the aftercare papers for the biopsy said 7-10; it’s been 7 days today. The crappy thing I saw that the results are going to a walk-in dr that I haven’t ever even seen. My excellent GP took early retiremen due to Covid

• mvr168
    edited June 2022
    Options

I got my results yesterday and the biopsies were benign. The radiologist made a note that I have extremely dense tissue and breast MRI’s should be done to keep an eye on an tissue changes as opposed to mammograms. The don’t offer 3D mammogram where I live

• alicebastable
    alicebastable Member Posts: 1,939
    edited June 2022
    Options

So great to hear your news!

• kittykat444
    kittykat444 Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2022
    Options

Did you have cancer?? I’m 21 and I have den in my breast as well as a lump and i’m petrified. i can’t sleep or eat

• mvr168
    edited November 2022
    Options

Hi kittykat444. I did not end up having breast cancer. I totally know how you are feeling and it so incredibly scary. I immediately thought the worst. Its hard but try to stay positive because you don't know anything yet. I did end up having a benign mass that was causing the dent and most masses are benign. One thing I will say though is be sure to advocate for yourself. My mammogram showed nothing due to dense tissue I have, the ultrasound did show the lump but even the radiologist said I need MRI's moving forward due to dense and fibrous tissue. If I didn't listen to myself and not just trust the clear mammogram things could have been bad and now I will get the proper scans I need. Let me know how it goes and I will keep you in my thoughts wishing the best for you.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,909
    edited November 2022
    Options

kittykat444, we suggest you get it checked out, and see what's going on. Most lumps are benign (not cancer). Please know we're here for you.