Topic: Dimple that led to biopsy

Forum: Waiting for Test Results — We know, waiting is VERY difficult but we're here for you.

Posted on: Jun 19, 2022 09:43PM

Posted on: Jun 19, 2022 09:43PM

mvr168 wrote:

I had the smallest dimple barely noticeable so I went to the walk-in ( I have no gp). I ended up seeing a physicians assistant who i don't think had ever done a breast exam as it was not at all a thorough exam. I requested a mammogram and followed up after hearing nothing. Turns out the referral was sent to the wrong place! I finally got one a few weeks later. Mammogram results were normal but due to very dense tissue I was scheduled an ultrasound just to be thorough I was told. Another 5 weeks past and at the ultrasound they ended up doing 3 core biopsies. Needless to say I was shocked! I'm very worried as the biopsy was close to the indentation. Also as a side note my dog always always smells that area when I have held him for the last several months and that also encouraged me to pursue this; yes I realize that sounds crazy lol. I may have rescued him but he just may save me ❤️. So now the dreaded wait 😔.

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Jun 20, 2022 02:33AM rah2464 wrote:

MVR I hope your sweet doggie's nose is wrong just this one time. It isn't crazy to connect with your pet in that way - for me it was my little black cat - well along with other symptoms.

So glad you have pursued proper imaging and been your own advocate in the follow up. Sending you all my best for a benign result.

Dx 5/23/2018, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 6/26/2018 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant Hormonal Therapy 7/26/2018 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Jun 20, 2022 10:03AM sarahmaude wrote:

Pets are so amazing for being able to point out differences! I hope what he noticed is benign. I am glad you got the testing you need to find out what’s going on with you!

Hormonal Therapy 2/17/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Surgery 3/31/2022 Lumpectomy (Left) Chemotherapy 5/4/2022 Taxotere (docetaxel), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide) Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR-, HER2- Radiation Therapy Left breast

Jun 20, 2022 11:17PM mvr168 wrote:

Thank you for the kind words. The waiting is driving me crazy but I am trying to stay positive

Jun 22, 2022 03:18PM janewhite wrote:

First, I'm glad you got the appropriate tests. Second, remember that most biopsies are benign. It's also possible that there's something wrong that isn't cancer, like maybe a little spot of infection.

Do you know when you will find out the test results?

Surgery 8/5/2021 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Surgery 8/24/2021 Mastectomy (Left): Simple Surgery 5/19/2022 Mastectomy (Right): Simple Dx DCIS, Left, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+

Jun 22, 2022 03:44PM mvr168 wrote:

@janewhite I was told 10 days by the radiologist but the aftercare papers for the biopsy said 7-10; it’s been 7 days today. The crappy thing I saw that the results are going to a walk-in dr that I haven’t ever even seen. My excellent GP took early retiremen due to Covid

Jun 26, 2022 09:15AM mvr168 wrote:

I got my results yesterday and the biopsies were benign. The radiologist made a note that I have extremely dense tissue and breast MRI’s should be done to keep an eye on an tissue changes as opposed to mammograms. The don’t offer 3D mammogram where I live

Jun 26, 2022 04:29PM alicebastable wrote:

So great to hear your news!

Ignore treatment info (below) which is a BCO glitch. Do not enter personal information on this site since they grossly mishandled a data breach. Surgery 7/10/2018 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal Surgery 8/7/2018 Radiation Therapy 10/28/2018 Whole breast: Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Scroll to top button