Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Back on the roller coaster

Options
Sher1263
Sher1263 Member Posts: 17
edited August 2022 in Waiting for Test Results

Hey all,

I am back again. I had my annual mammogram in August 2021. I had to go back for a diagnostic mammogram for microcalcifications in right breast outer quadrant and radiology said she really thought it to be benign, so said come back in 6 months. I went for repeat diagnostic mammogram on February 2022 and there were more microcalcifications, so she said we need a mammogram guided needle biopsy, which I had on 3/9/22, a few days later they called and said it was benign findings, specifically the report said it was just stromal cells with rare microcalcifications. Yay me! Whomp whomp…went for annual mammogram last Thursday and now have been called back for “developing asymmetry” near the biopsy markers…so on the ride again ladies, going for diagnostic mammogram with possible US tomorrow morning. I feel a little better just venting about it.

Comments

• kaynotrealname
    kaynotrealname Member Posts: 371
    edited August 2022
    Options

I'm so sorry. Hopefully that developing asymmetry turns out to be a weird angle in the scans or just another benign change. I just got done waiting for test results myself so I get the fear behind it. Many hugs....

• Sher1263
    edited August 2022
    Options

I had the diagnostic mammogram and US. The radiologist showed me the US, said it is the gel capsule that encases the biopsy markers, she said, the capsule is more prominent than she typically sees but feels certain it’s nothing but the gel capsule. She said for her own peace of mind, she wants to take another look in 6 months, to make sure it remains stable. I am greatly relieved however I have never heard of this…anyone else hear of this before?

Sherri

• kotchaj
    kotchaj Member Posts: 210
    edited August 2022
    Options

sher1263-what a roller coaster ride! I'm so glad to hear that they feel it is the gel capsule. I've not heard of that myself, but there are so many variables in this BC journey.

Hugs to you. What a scare.

• Sher1263
    edited August 2022
    Options

thank you kotchaj