Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Need any help :(

Options
adamm
adamm Member Posts: 5
edited January 2023 in Waiting for Test Results

my mom had bc in 2003 stage 2. Last month she had her annual mammogram and the report had several findings.

-post therapeutic changes in posterior right upper outer quadrant

-skin thickening which was present previously but slightly more pronounced on right breast

-new grouping of linear and punctuate microcalcifications in anterior right upper outer quadrant

They did another mammogram and finally biopsy that were waiting on.

I'm wondering if the changes are related to her previous treatment (lumpectomy, rads, chemo) or this is new?

I know we can't tell from what I wrote and the biopsy will help but we're literally crying waiting. Any insight would be helpful.

I'm hoping and praying it is dcis at worst and nothing more.

Thank you.

Comments

• maggie15
    maggie15 Member Posts: 852
    Options

adamm: I'm sorry your mom and you are back on the bc merry-go-round. You are correct when you say that only the biopsy will provide an answer. There is no way of knowing if previous treatment twenty years ago has anything to do with this, so try to distract yourself and deal with the results when they come. I don't know your mom's former profile but ER+ bc can recur over 30 years after treatment ends. There have been many developments over the past 20 years and treatments have become less aggressive and more tolerable than they were. Doctors are also focusing on older women as a group with separate needs who don't need to follow the same protocols as younger women. Best wishes for benign (or at worst early stage) results!

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,900
    Options

Hi adamm, Like Maggie said, it's really difficult to say what is going on, but it sounds like she is in good care, getting the biopsy. We all so hope that everything is benign and please do let us know!!

MedicatingThe Mods