Join Us

We are 219,486 members in 84 forums discussing 161,542 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Metro Orlando Making Strides Against Breast Cancer

Forum: Walks, Runs and Fundraising Events for Breastcancer.org —

Discuss and share pictures of the walks, runs or fundraising events for Breastcancer.org. Visit also our Fundraising Forum for suggestions.

Posted on: Jul 11, 2010 01:07AM - edited Jul 12, 2010 12:15AM by bco-administrator

kdeit wrote:

If anyone is in the Metro Orlando area, our walk is Saturday, October 23rd at Lake Eola.  This will be our 12th year, and we have consistently raised the most funds and had the most walkers of any of the MSABC walks in Florida.  We expect 30,000 walkers and are aiming to raise $1,000.000.00 this year.

The difference between  the Komen walks and the American Cancer Society walks is that Strides funds stay in your local community to help breast cancer patients, with the exception of the portion that goes to reseach.  The American Cancer Society has funded 44 researchers who went on to win the Nobel Prize - awesome!!

I'm the chair of our Mission Integration Committee - advocacy and education - and would welcome your participation in any way you can - walk with me, join my committee, donate to my team, etc.

Here are a couple of links with more information - this is the event main page:

http://makingstrides.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=28029&pg=entry

And my personal page:

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/MakingStridesAgainstBreastCancer/MSABCFY11Florida?px=7971099&pg=personal&fr_id=28029

I'd love to hear from anyone in the Metro Orlando area who would like to help.

Hugs,

Karen

Dx 3/3/2008, IDC, Right, <1cm, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 11, 2010 01:11AM - edited Jul 12, 2010 12:16AM by bco-administrator

I have no idea what all the garbage is after my post.  I tried to edit and delete it, but it wouldn't go away.

Dx 3/3/2008, IDC, Right, <1cm, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)