Topic: Take the Fright Out of Breast Cancer™

Forum: Walks, Runs and Fundraising Events for Breastcancer.org — Discuss and share pictures of the walks, runs or fundraising events for Breastcancer.org. Visit also our Fundraising Forum for suggestions.

Posted on: Sep 5, 2017 01:24PM - edited Sep 22, 2017 02:10PM by moderators

Posted on: Sep 5, 2017 01:24PM - edited Sep 22, 2017 02:10PM by moderators

moderators wrote:

Hello Community!

We started this education and fundraising campaign to address fear as one of the many barriers that may keep people from getting the best care possible. We know we can never remove all of the fears around breast cancer. We know everyone responds to and lives with fear differently. Our goal is to motivate people to courageously and confidently make informed health and life decisions.

GET INVOLVED

Share the facts about breast cancer and breast health found in our toolkit.
Host a fundraising event (make it a Halloween party if you think that will help your friends and loved ones get involved).
Contribute your stories of addressing your own fears of breast cancer (just as no two cancers are alike, there is no one way through it).
Support each other by joining our growing community.

BREASTCANCER.ORG'S MISSION

Breastcancer.org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to informing and empowering people to protect their breast health and overcome the challenges of breast cancer. For more than 18 years, we have provided expert medical information to millions to help reduce the fears and anxieties associated with a diagnosis by providing the most reliable, complete, and up-to-date information about breast cancer, as well as hosting the largest and most active online breast cancer peer community.

YOUR DONATION'S IMPACT

Your support funds Breastcancer.org's educational and support programs. In a moment when many feel overwhelmed by their diagnosis and the critical decisions they have to make about their care, Breastcancer.org is there to answer their most pressing questions about breast cancer and connect them to a supportive peer community when they need it.

To quote Jackie, a Breastcancer.org Community member:

"Whenever I would have a new symptom or a question would pop into my mind, I could always find the answer on Breastcancer.org."

Your generous support is vital because it helps us deliver on our mission. Every gift counts. Give today in support of the millions who rely and depend on Breastcancer.org, not just this October, but every day.

Thank you!

To send a PM to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/my/...

Page 10 of 54 (538 results)

Sep 15, 2017 07:42PM - edited Sep 15, 2017 07:46PM by Sara536

• After all, don't we support the drug companies? I do worry that they have too much influence on doctors when it comes to accepting and prescribing their products what with the free professional development credits offered for listening to their sales pitches over catered gormet lunches.

Sep 15, 2017 08:09PM Outfield wrote:

Such a nimble shift of the conversation.

Believing that BCO should fundraise is not the same same thing as condoning frankly offensive strategies.

Sep 15, 2017 08:16PM marijen wrote:

Right you are Outfield. They shouldn't be using fundraising as an excuse for coming up with offensive strategies. Like I already said they should have asked first

Sep 15, 2017 08:19PM lekker wrote:

In my opinion, the only thing that would "take the fright out of breast cancer" would be a CURE

Colorectal carcinoma in situ January 2000 (age 30), and now this... Dx 7/2012, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/5/2012 Lumpectomy; Lumpectomy (Right) Surgery 10/2/2012 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Right); Prophylactic mastectomy; Prophylactic mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Surgery 3/11/2013 Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Surgery 4/10/2013

Sep 15, 2017 08:26PM marijen wrote:

Watch the video

http://pinktobersucks.com/trick-or-fright/

Sep 15, 2017 08:40PM Lula73 wrote:

Love Lita19901's suggestion of a new name for a Halloween theme BCO fundraiser...

Be afraid, be VERY afraid!!!

-Lula Dx 1/2017, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/13/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Hormonal Therapy 3/2/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 11/1/2017 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 1/2/2018 Femara (letrozole)

Sep 15, 2017 10:12PM meow13 wrote:

Breast cancer has turned into a huge business. Fund raising is a joke and hurtful to the people who suffer from this disease. Making money off the patients and not hearing their concerns. Our dignity is lost when you sit around making cute fun catching awareness campaigns leading people to believe that they won't get cancer if the live "healthy" and get annual mammograms. Why can't you campaign for cures for a very serious deadly disease that you can't prevent getting. I don't think the problem is woman refusing mammograms because they are afraid of the procedure. Let's get money for a cure to a disease that is not caused by lifestyle or choices.

Sep 15, 2017 10:36PM meow13 wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10...

Maybe reading this will get more rah rah fundraising fanatics to understand. Really suprised at moderators responses to us. It is all about attracting attention and raising money in the most undignified way possible.

I feel sick.

Sep 16, 2017 01:18AM - edited Sep 16, 2017 04:58AM by marijen

Good article Meow, and it was five years ago. Things have only gotten worse. Men with women with breast cancer don't find it sexy. I'll buythat. It should only be a serious subject. They should go back to the drawingboard. Did you see Traveltext's article at http://pinktobersucks.com/trick-or-fright/

Edited to correct link.

Sep 16, 2017 01:22AM traveltext wrote:

The article Trick or Fright: The Pinkwashing of Halloween is here: http://pinktobersucks.com/trick-or-fright/

NED breast and prostate cancer. Dx 03/14, IBC, Lgth. 2cm, Stge IIIB, Gde 2B, ER+/PR+, HER2- ; FEC x3, Taxol x3; Mx & 2/23 nodes; Rads x 33; now on tamoxofin.

Page 10 of 54 (538 results)

Scroll to top button