Join Us

We are 217,583 members in 84 forums discussing 160,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: favorite info places

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: May 5, 2006 08:28AM

gracejon wrote:

Binney, I think this one's for you and NPat! n My doc for lymphedema hands out lymphnet stuff but I think I could update her with others. What are your suggestions? Also wanted to declare although I still have lymphedema, without expanders some of the dragging pulling pain has seemed to abate. Airplane ride was compressed on both sides but really did not make myself educated prior to departure how long sleeve on unaffected side should stay on. Landed in the morning and took it off around suppertime with no problems. Affected side has been behaving with only minor swelling and I have become lax at wrapping for bed and massage. I do still compress during day for the most part. Weather is warming up and am having nightmares about sweating so I am going to try an every other day approach with massaging daily again to see if I can stay status quo.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 5, 2006 04:26PM NPat wrote:

Jon,
Gee, I rely on Binney and my LE therapist, Adrienne, as the real experts on LE! I have knowledge on at lot of other disease processes that I love to pass along. The clinic staff and the doc are always poking fun at me because I am the perpetual teacher and an always passing out education materials on everything... I get really peeved when the patients would rather read the latest People mag that read one of my free educational booklets... but I realize that some need escape from their health issues for a few minutes.
The American Cancer Society has a rather nice booklet on LE and it is free. The local chapter will give me as many as I need if I have an upcoming program... I just have to give them a call. Adrienne has looked at it and says it is quite good. This board is an excellent source of info also... I just love it and al the gals!
Pat
NPat

May 23, 2006 01:27PM sherry7 wrote:

Hi Pat, we meet again. How did you get your beautiful little butterfly person, love it! I like to go into a website called Lymphedema people. Like these boards, there is a lot of good information and support for all kinds of LE, primary and sedondary as well. A lot of men and women bc survivors use that forum and yet don't know about us. So in the hopes on joining the two communities for good information, I hope to see some of you over at LE people and some of them here....keep up the awesome support, love and light sherry

let the miracles happen... Dx 9/17/2005, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)