Join Us

We are 217,583 members in 84 forums discussing 160,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Only Symptom is tight wedding rings

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: May 12, 2006 11:46AM

inspiewriter wrote:

In another forum I just heard that even very slight swelling can be a problem. Did anyone just have that symptom--rings on affected hand too tight?

What type of doc or therapist did you ask for a referral to?
Anyone get relief just be elevating the arm?

Thanks! Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

May 12, 2006 03:34PM NPat wrote:

I don't wear my rings on my left hand anymore even if I have the glove off at work due to the concern I might have sudden swelling and can't get the darn things off. You need to see a certified lymphedema therapist. Go to the National Lymphedema Network website and look for a certified therapist near you. Get a referral from any doctor for "Lymphedema evaluation/treatment and garment measuring" Most providers have no clue about LE so ignore them if they tell you not to worry about a little swelling. You need to see someone who really can tell you IF it is LE. Good luck!
Pat
NPat

May 14, 2006 06:49AM inspiewriter wrote:

Thanks Pat. I looked online and found a Johns Hopkins therapist who does lymph draining and stuff, so I think I might make an appt with her.

May 14, 2006 10:25AM RobinTN wrote:

I have not been able to wear my rings on my left hand since my MRM in june last year,elevation does help,one day I gained 10lbs overnight and took a lasix and ran all the next day.I dont have a sleeve maybe I should look into getting one?I saw and OT occupational therapist who is lymphadmea certified ans dhe showed me some exercises that seem to have helped.I can really tell a difference when I put on a short sleeve shirt cause the left is always tighter than the right.

Robin....."I wont back down".... Dx 11/3/2004, IBC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 1/9 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)