Join Us

We are 217,583 members in 84 forums discussing 160,638 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: question please

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: May 22, 2006 02:22AM

jinky wrote:

Hi Everyone, My LE on top of my hand gets itchy sometimes. No redness or infection. If i use my hand for writting it ache's alot. Is this normal? thanks LE jinky

age 2, grade 1, 4 chemo, 5 yrs tamoxifen, femara 48mts, preventative mastectomy 2005 Dx 4/30/2002, ILC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

May 22, 2006 08:36AM Binney4 wrote:

Hi, Jinky,

Don't know if it's "normal," but I have the same thing. Itchy hands, ache when I use them for writing or close work. It helps to take frequent breaks and exercise my hand, hold the pen/pencil lightly, and use some of those foam thingies that slip onto your pencil where you grip it.

As for the itching (which affects my arms and chest as well), I just figured it was related to the compression garments or wraps. I try to "scratch" gently with my palm in the direction of the massage. (But probably that's a bit fanatical.) Still, you do have to be careful not to actually scratch your skin.

Just one of many bummer features of this dismal condition!
Binney

May 22, 2006 08:45AM DoreenF wrote:

Hi: My hands get achey too... I figured it was related to the compression garmets and overuse of my hands when I type too much. I also get itchy - just on my LE side .. thought that it must be related to the compression garmets. I bought some Eucerin Itch-Relief Moisturing Spray .. which really helps with the itchiness. I figured its' probably ok to use ... it does have some cetyl alcohol and menthol in it ...just spray it on .. doesn't need to be rubbed in ... it immediately cools and takes the itchiness away

Doreen
"Cancer May Leave Your Body, but It Never Leaves Your Life" - Lance Armstrong Foundation Manifesto. Dx 4/18/2005, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)