We are 221,132 members in 81 forums discussing 156,102 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Hot Flashes?

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: May 29, 2006 11:22AM

Moi wrote:

Since I had my rads, I have been getting terrible hot flashes. I was all through menopause before I had the lumpectomy and rads, and the hot flashes were finished...or so I thought.

They really got worse when the LE got worse. Anyone else experiencing anything like this? Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

May 29, 2006 11:46AM NPat wrote:

Moi,
If you were started on an aromatase inhibitor or tamoxifen, hot flashes can occur because you will have less available estrogen...
Pat
NPat

Jun 1, 2006 03:12AM inspiewriter wrote:

Are you on Tamoxifen?

Jun 1, 2006 04:51AM jinky wrote:

Hi Moi, I am on tamoxifen and i was having horrible hot flashes. I am now taking clonidine o.25 ......two morning......2 at night and my hot flashes happen only 3 or 4 times a day now. This med is also used for high blood pressure which took the place of yet another drug i am on. 2 for the price of 1.....yeah LE hugs jinky
stress will make hot flashes worse....maybe you see this since you got LE as i know i was stressed and probably still am as LE takes up so much of my life.
age 2, grade 1, 4 chemo, 5 yrs tamoxifen, femara 48mts, preventative mastectomy 2005 Dx 4/30/2002, ILC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 2, 2006 04:32AM inspiewriter wrote:

Try a Chillow at night--- it really helps you sleep and reduces the intensity of the night flashes.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)