We are 221,132 members in 81 forums discussing 156,102 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: new LE vest here in Nova Scotia

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: May 31, 2006 10:55AM

jinky wrote:

Didn't know if anyone interested in seeing this or not. LE hugs jinky http://www.abcn.ca/artman/publish/article_539.html
age 2, grade 1, 4 chemo, 5 yrs tamoxifen, femara 48mts, preventative mastectomy 2005 Dx 4/30/2002, ILC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

May 31, 2006 12:10PM DoreenF wrote:

Hi Jinky - that's really interesting!! I checked out their website ... they talk about use after surgery - it looks like it might be useful for those of us with LE of the breast ... for use on a daily basis - they don't have pricing or sizing info though ...
Thanks for sharing this.... seems like more hospitals should start using it as a standard!
Hugs,
Doreen
"Cancer May Leave Your Body, but It Never Leaves Your Life" - Lance Armstrong Foundation Manifesto. Dx 4/18/2005, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 31, 2006 01:32PM Binney4 wrote:

Whoa, Jinky, that looks wonderful! Do you have one? It says the shoulder length is adjustable, which would help bring the compression up under the arm for those with swelling there. I emailed them for price, fitting, and availability information and will post what I find out.

Thanks!
Binney

Jun 1, 2006 02:24AM jinky wrote:

Hi Binn, Gabrielle was the first person i saw when i came down with LE. She is very friendly and knows so much. When my hand swelled last year she was away so i couldn't go to her. Gabrielle and Shannon were thinking about setting up a clinic here for LE.I am going to go see Shannon(at hospital soon to get measured) She was going on a advanced course for LE in April and she told me her first question will be"hand swelling".
No i don't have a vest as i have no insurance Binn.
I know she studied in Germany but don't really know about the vests. Take care jinky
age 2, grade 1, 4 chemo, 5 yrs tamoxifen, femara 48mts, preventative mastectomy 2005 Dx 4/30/2002, ILC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 1, 2006 04:53AM NPat wrote:

Jinky,
I love the vest! Thanks for the info! I will try to find out the cost.
Pat
NPat

Jun 7, 2006 02:18PM Binney4 wrote:

Hi, all,
Just received an email in response to my inquiries and knew some of you would want the information, so I'll copy it here:

"Thank you for your inquiry and sorry that we get back to you so late
but there are some problems with the e-hotmail address.
The compression vest can be ordered individually and the measurement
is taken circumference just below your breast in inch or cm.
The price is CAD$ 65.00 before shipping.
We would need your full address to determine what the shipping cost will be. In our hospital every mastectomy patient gets the vest put on
right after surgery to speed healing and prevent swelling.
Also this way it is paid by the hospital.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you,
Dr. G. Kropp
Lymph-o-med
Dr. Gabrielle Kropp
RR#3 Pictou, Nova Scotia
B0K 1H0, Canada
Phone (902) 485 6678

www.lymphomed.com <http://www.lymphomed.com> "

Jun 7, 2006 03:25PM DoreenF wrote:

Hmmm... price sounds very reasonable .. I am very tempted to order one of these ...
Doreen
"Cancer May Leave Your Body, but It Never Leaves Your Life" - Lance Armstrong Foundation Manifesto. Dx 4/18/2005, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 8, 2006 04:42AM NPat wrote:

Gosh, it would be even cheaper with US $$!
Pat
NPat

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)