We are 224,899 members in 82 forums discussing 157,995 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Re: anti-perspirants, underarm deodorants

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jun 3, 2006 11:42AM

Anonymous wrote:

I am unable to find an answer to whether or not it is safe to use underarm anti-perspirants after node dissection.

Do you feel the use of them might be adding to risk of blocking the lymphatics and causing lymphedema?

Thanks to anyone who has the answer!

Speth Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jun 3, 2006 12:47PM Jennifer wrote:

I have never thought of it this way and am not sure it would actually affect my arm. I know a lot of women are concerned about alunimum in their deodorants. I simple use the Adias aluminum free or Tom's Natural.
Jennifer

Jun 3, 2006 02:55PM inspiewriter wrote:

Not because of nodes in particular, but just to cut down on the chemicals I use. I switched from anti-persp. to Crystal stick--which is a deodorant stick. It works very well!!

Jun 3, 2006 02:59PM rrs wrote:

Never heard that question but it is a good one. I use Old Spice original deodorant rather than using anti-persp. Seems to me that it is better to perspire and prevent it.

Jun 3, 2006 03:53PM Chiahead wrote:

I switched to Tom's of Maine deoderant. It won't stop me from perspiring but with these hot flashes there isn't an anti-perspirant out there that could stop that! My left side doesn't perspire anyways since radiation so it is only the right that I have to worry about.

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)