We are 221,170 members in 81 forums discussing 156,124 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: JoVi Pak Sleeve - anyone have one?

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jun 3, 2006 01:03PM

rrs wrote:

I'm being fitted for a JoVI-pak sleeve next month. Anyone have experience with them?

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Jun 3, 2006 01:30PM DoreenF wrote:

Yep.. I have one ... I've had it since December. It's kinda hot to use at night - now that the weather is getting warmer... but it really does work. I see my lymph channels on my hand and arm when I take it off in the morning. I haven't tried any of the other night sleeves... but am pretty happy with the Jovi-Pak.

I wash mine once a week - and dry it in the dryer - just the sleeve - not the over thing thats' black and looks kinda like a nylon. It takes 4 dryer cycles to dry completely.

Hope yours works as well as mine...
Doreen
"Cancer May Leave Your Body, but It Never Leaves Your Life" - Lance Armstrong Foundation Manifesto. Dx 4/18/2005, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 3, 2006 01:56PM Binney4 wrote:

Doreen, my Solaris-Tribute is similar to the Jovi-Pak and can be stuffed into a couple of plastic bags and stored in the refrigerator during the day. At bedtime it's cool, but the fabric keeps it from being frigid, and because it's foam-filled it holds the cool for a long time. Very refreshing, especially this time of year! (Of course it takes up a bit of refrigerator space...)
Binney

Jun 3, 2006 02:00PM DoreenF wrote:

Thanks for the hint Binney... I'm going to try that ... yes.. they are quite bulky - and will take up quite a bit of room in the refrigerator... but well worth it if the sleeve stays cool long enough for me to go to sleep.

Have you ever put your sleeve in the freezer ???
Hugs,
Doreen
"Cancer May Leave Your Body, but It Never Leaves Your Life" - Lance Armstrong Foundation Manifesto. Dx 4/18/2005, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 3, 2006 02:17PM Binney4 wrote:

Hmmm...I wasn't going to confess to that, but yes, one day last summer when I forgot and left it out of the fridge. Put it in the freezer for an hour or so and it was fine, but I sure wouldn't recommend that because I have no idea what freezing does to foam. Probably nothing good. Fortunately, living as we do in the desert, we have an extra refrigerator, which is a very good thing since I have two sleeves and a very bulky vest to refrigerate every day! Ahh, the hidden expenses of LE!
Binney

Jun 4, 2006 05:44PM rrs wrote:

Thank you both. And, I would have probably never thought to put it in the frig. Duh!

Jun 9, 2006 07:26PM sherry7 wrote:

Binney you amaze me, the heat is a problem yet you live in the dessert. I am going to the coast to get out of the heat in the next year. Can't wait. How do you know when you need a pak sleeve or vest? what is the indicator? I would love to know, thanks, Sherry

let the miracles happen... Dx 9/17/2005, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)