We are 224,330 members in 82 forums discussing 157,697 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: okay, these maybe dumb 101 ?'s

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jun 6, 2006 04:41AM

mstanton-2005Dec15 wrote:

Forgive me for being so elementary with these questions but I figured this would be the best place to get some answers.
I had a left modified radical masectomy with node removal 12 positive/20. Does that mean I had ALL nodes removed?? With a masectomy are muscles removed as well? When I looked at the pictures I couldn't tell.. Just trying to understand the how's and why's of my pain in and around my newly reconstructed breast. I also have the cording issue. If this is scar tissue, what happens to it when it goes away? Aren't these tendons or "cords" something you still need? With no lymph nodes how successful is the re-direction of lymph flow to other node sites.
thanks for listening, I know knowledge is power and I am in need of a big dose right now. MJC Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jun 6, 2006 10:15AM NPat wrote:

OK, look at the top of the page where the tabs are that are labelled Treatment and Recovery & Renewal. You will get a lot of your questions answered at these two locations. There are even clear diagrams... very nicely done.
Pat
NPat

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)