We are 224,330 members in 82 forums discussing 157,697 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: That dental floss trick to remove rings?

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jun 7, 2006 05:20AM

inspiewriter wrote:

Anyone remember who posted that trick to use dental floss to get off wedding rings? Can't recall which forum it was in. A friend on another board needs it.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jun 7, 2006 05:32AM inspiewriter wrote:

Nevermind, found it!

Thanks Letha!

Take a long piece of thread..dental floss is great. Take one end and run it up under the ring that needs to come off.Leave about 3-4 " then slowly wrap the other end round and round your finger usually over the knuckle make sure the thread is close together. Then take the short end (u put under the ring in the 1st step and slowly wind the ring off your finger.
I cannot tell you how many rings I have removed that way. Even in dire circumstances some people balk at having their rings cut....hope I have been clear enough..Let me know if u have success ! Letha

Jun 7, 2006 05:38AM clv wrote:

I'm going tomorrow to the oncologist and surgeon, I'm scared becuse I don't know yet if any lymph nodes are positive, everytime I have a little pain I think its spreading. I've always been in control now I feel I have none. scary!!!!!!!!!!

Jun 7, 2006 12:15PM Binney4 wrote:

Yep, scary time, all right. (((((Hugs)))) and prayers for a quick return of that sense of peace and ease that we all used to take for granted. It does get lots better, though, once you know what's up and what you'll need to do to get from here to healed. Keep us posted!
Binney

Jun 8, 2006 01:43AM NPat wrote:

Cheryl,
We all know the feeling. I pray a lot... helps!
Pat
NPat

Jun 8, 2006 02:39AM inspiewriter wrote:

Cheryl (((HUGS))))

I pray a lot too, like Pat. It really helped me through 3 surgeries last summer.

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)