We are 225,771 members in 82 forums discussing 158,444 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Ordering bandages?

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jun 8, 2006 05:41AM

inspiewriter wrote:

Where do you guys order your bandages? I met with the therapist yesterday and she gave me an order form for Bandagesupply.com, but the numbers and sizes don't match what they have on their website. I left a message on their machine.

Is there a better place? Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (10 results)

Posts 1 - 10 (10 total)

Jun 8, 2006 06:27AM AmryAnn47 wrote:

Hi Robin,
I have never looked at their order form since I only order off the website--how strange!!
Anyway, another site is North American Rehabilitation at www.healthclick.com the prices are pretty close & I don't want to only have one supplier so I order from both.
Good luck!
Mary Ann Dx 4/11/2011, ILC, 1cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 5/10 nodes, mets, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 8, 2006 11:01AM Binney4 wrote:

Hi, Robin,
There's also Lymphawrap at www.lymphawrap.com that's run by a bc veteran with LE who donates part of her profits to bc causes. Her prices are a bit higher, but being a Sultaness of Swell herself she does have some helpful products you can't find elsewhere (like housework-type gloves that'll fit over bandages, I think).

In a pinch you might have to use BandagesPlus at www.bandagesplus.com . Over a year ago my therapist warned me that their goal is to put the others out of business by guaranteeing lower prices, and I don't know if that is still true or not, so I don't want to penalize them...BUT! we sure don't need only one supplier of bandages or we're all going to be hit real hard in the wallet.

Hoping your first therapy visit went well,
Binney

Jun 9, 2006 08:47AM inspiewriter wrote:

Thanks for the input. I've got them ordered now.

Jun 10, 2006 09:28PM Jennifer wrote:

I have actually only ordered from bandages plus. Can't remeber how I found then just know they looked the most business like when I came across their website.
Jennifer

Jun 11, 2006 02:05AM mags wrote:

Hi ladies, thought that I'd put a link in for the English ladies that come in here. Don't know how prices compare but I do know that they have lots of choice. The link is
www.westons.com . Think you will need to know the name of the product as I found the site a bit confusing to navigate otherwise.
Mags

Jun 11, 2006 07:07AM inspiewriter wrote:

Bandagesupply.com was also hard to navigate, and their site didn't match up with anything on the order form the therapist had. So I just wrote what I wanted and faxed it to them, then they called to confirm.

Jun 23, 2006 12:01PM brantan228 wrote:

Does Anyone know if these Sleeves Are Covered by Insurance

Jun 23, 2006 02:02PM - edited Jul 25, 2008 01:39AM by jasmine

This Post was deleted by jasmine.

Jun 23, 2006 03:50PM NPat wrote:

All my garments are covered by insurance. Just make sure that the CME company you use is familiar with the codes that are acceptable for your insurance. Sometimes garments are coded as prosthetics and sometimes durable medical equipment. Your provider will need to sign a prescription for the items. Usually the DME company will provide an example for the prescriber to use when writing the prescription. The verbage is important. I can't call my compression bras "bras" but "thoracic vests". Sigh...
Pat
NPat

Jun 24, 2006 08:40AM brantan228 wrote:

Thanks So much
he already signed a prescription for it
It is for a JOBST SLEEVE

Page 1 of 1 (10 results)