We are 224,331 members in 82 forums discussing 157,699 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Shooting

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jun 9, 2006 07:19AM

lasgsd-2006May05 wrote:

I had originally asked this in the Moving Beyond forum but said I would follow-up here.

I saw my Physical Therpist today and asked her about shooting with my right (SNB) arm. She said NO. She was going to check with another collegue but her gut reaction was NO. She said any trauma (and my gun kicks like a mule) could cause Lymphedema.

So I'll be waiting for my port to come out (left chest) and then learning how to shoot left handed. In the mean time I can practice with my pistols left handed. Should be interesting! Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 9, 2006 10:00AM Binney4 wrote:

Thanks, Lauri, for letting us know how this came out. You're an inspiration, too, with your "try something new" attitude. They say if you try to learn to do things with the other hand it's good exercise for your brain. (We take our positives wherever we can find them!)

Good luck with the left-handed shooting!
Binney

Jun 12, 2006 12:11AM cowgirl wrote:

Yikes that is tough, I have my eye and hand in perfect line, but it does make sense that kick could cause LE.

You can do it it will just require a ton of practice! I will be praying for you!

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)