We are 225,717 members in 82 forums discussing 158,418 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I was a bad girl today....

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jun 21, 2006 04:24PM

PJB wrote:

And forgot to wear my sleeve because I got out of my routine. And I can tell the difference. Won't do that again.

The therapist did say that if I'm vigilant about wearing the sleeve for a couple months, maybe I could then go to wearing it every OTHER day, if i keep an eye on things. So, I guess I'd better start writing myself notes to leave around the house to remind me: Don't forget your sleeve, goofball. Or maybe I should go for something phrased more positively.

Trying to be good,
Paula
May 2004, Stage 2 IDC. Recurrence in 2005. On Femara til mets diagnosis in Feb 2009. On Faslodex 8/11. Brain mets in April 2012. Progression in liver 6/12. On to Etoposide. Dx mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Jun 21, 2006 04:38PM DoreenF wrote:

Yeah.. know what you're saying ... I took mine off yesterday because I got it really dirty - (I had a leak in a faucet outside ... and I was trying to get the water away from the house... and wasn't thinking!) Anyway... after just a couple of hours my arm was really aching...

I put my sleeve and glove in the bathroom - so I see it every morning - and I put them on first thing in the morning ... of course it helps my memory that I have to take off the night sleeve ...

we pay when we're a bad girl... it always catches up with us...

Hugs,
Doreen
"Cancer May Leave Your Body, but It Never Leaves Your Life" - Lance Armstrong Foundation Manifesto. Dx 4/18/2005, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 22, 2006 03:55AM NPat wrote:

I have accumulated several sets now and lay out a fresh sleeve and glove with my panyhose for the next day. I am sorta compulsive about having everything ready in the morning. In fact I pick several outfits out on the weekend, repress them and hang them on a hook in my closet so I don't have to think about what to wear.
Pat
NPat

Jun 22, 2006 06:54AM PJB wrote:

Pat, you are so organized! I'd never last in your house. Maybe I'd better get my morning act together a little better tho. I remember those days when I didn't have to put anything specific on, try not to do specific things with a specific arm, take any specific pills at any specific times. Good times....

Paula
May 2004, Stage 2 IDC. Recurrence in 2005. On Femara til mets diagnosis in Feb 2009. On Faslodex 8/11. Brain mets in April 2012. Progression in liver 6/12. On to Etoposide. Dx mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 22, 2006 07:31AM momtoog wrote:

I am finding that in the type of weather we are having this summer (95 degrees and humid) that it is really hot wearing the sleeve and glove; although I need to. Does anyone know of a lighter weight materials sleeve/glove?

Thank you.

Jun 22, 2006 07:57AM DoreenF wrote:

Hi fertmom ... What brand sleeve and glove do you currently have ?? I have recently switched from Juzo to bio-concepts ... and the bio-concepts is much more comfortable and very thin and light. I can't imagine wearing the Juzo in the heat anymore ... might be nice in the winter (not!)

Let us know what brand ... then we'll know what the comparision is...
Doreen
"Cancer May Leave Your Body, but It Never Leaves Your Life" - Lance Armstrong Foundation Manifesto. Dx 4/18/2005, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 22, 2006 08:14AM cowgirl wrote:

Paula,
I didn't know you got LE, what a pain and this is the wrong time of year to deal with it too.

Plus your title is too funny I had to read it!

Jun 22, 2006 08:47AM momtoog wrote:

Quote:
Hi fertmom ... What brand sleeve and glove do you currently have ?? I have recently switched from Juzo to bio-concepts ... and the bio-concepts is much more comfortable and very thin and light. I can't imagine wearing the Juzo in the heat anymore ... might be nice in the winter (not!)

Let us know what brand ... then we'll know what the comparision is...
Doreen

Hi Doreen - I am currently wearing a Jobst sleeve and glove and brother are they hot! Where did you find bio-concepts? Anything to get something more appro. for the summer.

Thanks.

Pamela

Jun 22, 2006 09:16AM DoreenF wrote:

Hi Pamela - Bio-Concepts is not avail off the shelf - they need to be ordered .. either through your durable medical equipment company - or directly from bio-concepts ... they will direct bill some insurance companies.

see Ordering Bio-Concepts

Here's the bio-concepts color choices

Here's the detail info you need measuring info and forms for ordering

Jun 22, 2006 03:29PM PJB wrote:

Hey Cowgirl, yeah, I finally had to admit that the swelling in my arm was LE. I went for months pretending it could be from chemo, or that I was so right dominant that it was just normal. (And, to be sure, my right arm has ALWAYS been a little bigger than left) But I quit kidding myself and figured that while it's not too bad now, I didn't want it to get worsel

So I got my sleeve today and the mind-saving Easy Slide thing (I don't know how I'd get it on without it, you know, it being so tight and all). My son loves to help me put my sleeve on cuz he thinks that slide thing is cool. I've just been using loaners for the last week or whatever.

My arm is about the same size, I think, but so much softer now. Maybe an eensy bit smaller.

Anyway, thanks all for helping me as I navigate these waters. And Cowgirl, call me next time you're coming to town and let's lunch.

Paula

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)