Join Us

We are 216,745 members in 84 forums discussing 160,184 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Elvarex Sleeve?

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jun 26, 2006 02:41PM

Jennifer wrote:

Any one ever use an Elvarex sleeve? I went to my fitter and it was someone from the other office and she measured and ordered a custom Elvarex sleeve. It does not bother me if people notice it or not. So I took a chance and had her order it in black instead of beige because I am tired of them looking grungy so soon. Supposed to arrive in two weeks.

Jennifer Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jun 27, 2006 06:46AM Binney4 wrote:

Hi, Jennifer,

I have two friends who wear Elvarex sleeves and I've heard good things about them. Very expensive, because they're completely custom made -- no seams; they knit the whole thing specifically to your dimensions. They're fairly sturdy in terms of compression. Or I suppose I should say in terms of "containment." A rep who was explaining about garments at a support group meeting told us that "compression" is what's measured with all those numbers (like 20-30 or 30-40 or whatever), but "containment" has to do with the strength of the actual fiber and fabric itself. Makes a weird sort of sense. Anyhow, Elvarex is way up there with the containment, and the women I know who wear them claim they're reasonably comfortable as well. (I can't use them because I have some "vascular issues;" heavy-duty containment makes my fingers turn a bright but unhealthy purple.) For problem arms they're supposed to be the best. (Has to be replaced just as often as the others.)

As for black -- last time I ordered gloves and sleeves I ordered one set close to my skin color, the other black. This time I think I'll order them all black. Looks sharp, goes with lots of things, doesn't show spaghetti sauce or melted chocolate (hmmm!), and I even think it has a slimming look to it.

I'll be anxious to hear how you like it, and I hope it'll help solve some of the long-term swelling troubles you've been dealing with.

Yes!
Binney

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)