Join Us

We are 216,686 members in 84 forums discussing 160,147 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Tennis elbow ?????????

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jun 26, 2006 08:14PM

azdarleen wrote:

Hi everyone,
Well my infection in my arm has clearen up , but I still have pain in the elbow and it goes down my arm to my little finger, well i saw the Doc today and it seem I have tennis elbow now, and there are not sure what to do with me, in a normal arm they would give you a band to wear around the arm, but since it is my LE arm we can't do that, when I compression wrap my arm to try and get it down from the infection it makes the pain in the elbow worst, with LE I should move my arm and excise to help move the fluid, with the tennis elbow the doc wants me to not move the arm and rest it (as it is I'm typing this one handed)My LE therpist wants me to see a PT for the tennis elbow and get it down before she starts back on me, now I'm trying to find a PT that will work on me. Anyone else out there ever have this problem **tennis elbow in the LE arm??? any ideas???
Thanks all
LE hugs Darleen Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 27, 2006 05:08AM NPat wrote:

My LE therapist WAS a PT and treated me for muscle weakness after a reaction to Femara. Anti-inflammatories taken on a regular basis (with food) help reduce the inflammation... your PCP should be able to recommend a regimen. Is your LE therapist a PT, OT or massage therapist? They should have some suggestions for you so you do not need to see someone else. This to shall pass.
Pat
NPat

Jun 29, 2006 03:24PM Binney4 wrote:

Darleen saw a physical therapist today who actually seemed to know something about LE. He did some gentle stretching to straighten out some kinks, gave her some back stretching exercises, and told her not to use her arm at all if she felt any pain (which is, basically, whenever she uses her arm.) He felt the elbow situation needed to be dealt with first, and then she could worry about getting the LE back in control, because the pain and congestion of the tennis elbow was actually encouraging the swelling. She can massage, but wrapping hurts so that's out. She'll continue with PT for three weeks and he hopes by then all will be well again. So it's hopeful news, but a bit of a drag.

She is trying very hard to be good and not type. Sigh!
Binney

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)