We are 225,715 members in 82 forums discussing 158,418 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: gauntlet

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Jul 2, 2006 11:57AM

jinky wrote:

Hi Everyone, I am full of questions.....I know this is the place to ask them.
On the internet the gauntlet(pictures) comes OVER your knuckles but when i ask the drugstore that sells them in Halifax they say they only COME to your knuckles.
My fingers do not swell anymore and i want to try one.
See what i mean?
http://www.bandagesplus.com/prodmain.php?xCat=33&xProd=851&nSearch=gauntlet
LE hugs jinky
age 2, grade 1, 4 chemo, 5 yrs tamoxifen, femara 48mts, preventative mastectomy 2005 Dx 4/30/2002, ILC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jul 2, 2006 06:14PM NPat wrote:

There are many manufacturers of gauntlets. The drugstore probably is familiar with a particular product. Word of caution... I have seen several people with poorly fitted gauntlets that were too tight across the knuckles which caused the fingers to swell. Your LE therapist should be able to help you find the right product. Custom products can be made any way you want them. I wear a glove with fingers that go to the bottom of the nail. If they are too tight at the stubs, my fingertip swells... sigh...
Pat
NPat

Jul 2, 2006 07:54PM Binney4 wrote:

Jinky, I have a friend who has a gauntlet like that -- no fingers at all. She can only wear it occasionally, but loves the freedom of it when she can. There's another sort that has finger stubs, but the one in the picture doesn't. I think you're all talking about different knuckles, y'know? This one covers the knuckles on the hand, but not on the fingers. Does that make sense?
Binney

Jul 3, 2006 04:33AM jinky wrote:

Hi Binn and Pat, Yes the knuckles i am talking about are the ones before the fingers. Never thought of getting measured for one but now think i should. Thanks girls.LE hug jinky
wow!!!!!!! it is nice to be able to come here and ask questions.
age 2, grade 1, 4 chemo, 5 yrs tamoxifen, femara 48mts, preventative mastectomy 2005 Dx 4/30/2002, ILC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)