Join Us

We are 217,485 members in 84 forums discussing 160,589 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Flying under the new guidelines for carry-ons

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Aug 14, 2006 06:50PM

Babyface wrote:

I dont know how many of you do any long distance flying but given the new carry on restrictions I am genuinely concerned
should they remain in place. Dh and I travel alot and do some very long flights. Knock on wood in my 2 years post diagnosis, I havent yet developed LE. I havent worn a sleeve on any flght, but do have one with me should the need arise on my return flight. That said when I fly I DO drink alot of water, and every hour or 2 remoisturize the arm, and underarm. I normally constantly moisturize the arm but am extra careful on a plane to do so.
One of my other favourite bds is Flyer Talk, where there are alot of discussions going on about the new travel restrictions. A number of TSA/Airline people participate in this bd. Today I posted a question re: moisturizers, water etc. re: women who have had BC surgery. Some of you may be interested. A portion of the thread is amusing, but much of it is pretty serious sitting where we all are now. Anyway here is the thread, and my post is on page 7 of the thread under with a posting name of Legalbee.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589864&page=1&pp=15
Dx 8/2004, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Aug 15, 2006 05:00AM andys wrote:

Thanks for the link - that was an interesting thread. So, I had to fly on Friday to get home from a business trip. The water was no problem, the crew was happy to keep the liquids coming. In addition to the regular drink service, they carried trays of cups of water up and down the aisle almost constantly. As for the moisturizer, try asking your flight attendant. Many airlines have moisturizer in the first class lavatory, and they would probably find a way to get you access to that. They might even let you use some of their own, if they are allowed to carry it on yet. (As of Friday, they were subject to the same restrictions as the rest of us, with a further restriction of not being allowed to check bags. So my poor flight attendant was on a four-day, multi-city hop and had to buy new toothpaste, etc each night. Fortunately, she was able to stow her expensive stuff in a locker at the first airport, so she didn't have to throw hundreds of dollars of stuff away, and she said she was going with the "natural look" for now. She had heard that they were going to ease up on the crew restrictions ).

Sep 18, 2006 01:58PM theres126-2006Apr11 wrote:

I didn't realize that I needed to be moisturizing! (I don't have lymphedema, but did have 5 sentinel nodes removed) I'll be flying next month, but guess I won't be able to moisturize, according to that message string.......

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)