Join Us

We are 217,587 members in 84 forums discussing 160,642 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: chest muscel pain

Forum: Lymphedema — Risks, tips for prevention, and info about products that can address the symptoms of lymphedema.

Posted on: Aug 30, 2006 04:12AM

sueincanada wrote:

hi i had a mastectomy in dec of 2005. followed by 8 cycles of chemo and 16 rads. since the rads i have alot of tightness in my surgery side that causes me a great deal of discomfort. i do have movement in my arm .is there any specific exercises that anyone knows of that will help

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Aug 30, 2006 04:34AM mstanton-2005Dec15 wrote:

Sue,
I had chemo, masectomy, axillary node disection and immediate DIEP reconstruction in Left breast. I am now at #19 radiation treatments. The PT I went to before rads told me to keep doing stretches during radiation because tightening will happen- making it hard to move arm and YES muscle pain in chest too.
I ordered 3 books from Amazon and they have helped a great deal with exercise suggestions. One that I especially like is: " Recovering from Breast Surgery-exercises to strengthen your body and relieve pain" by Diana Stumm, PT. Section on lymphedema prevention etc. Very good. Keep gentle stretches going as it really does help. If I don't stretch every day during this rad treamtment I can really tell the difference. Good luck. Keep us posted.
MJC

Aug 30, 2006 04:56AM sueincanada wrote:

thanks mjc
im doing exercises everyday to stretch the muscles and trying to keep good posture but it is very difficult . i see my surg on sept 6th hoping he has some suggestions for me as well. Sue

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)